No announcement yet.

Rat Repellent-Fox Urine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Often wondered why we as hunters provide food (corn, protein pellets, food scraps, and even water), housing (trailers, stands, vehicles), nesting materials (chairs, blinds, insulation, paper products etc), and eliminate their enemies (snakes, coyotes, bobcats, owls) ... and then complain about rats? Are we fighting them or ourselves?
    Last edited by Swooshski; 08-18-2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
      Nice that might work but if its an odor type repellent then I imagine it wont be to good for a bow blind and chase off deer.
      I have used this exact type of repellant in my pop ups and bow blinds for years with no ill effect to having deer, pigs or turkeys around my feeder!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        I have used this exact type of repellant in my pop ups and bow blinds for years with no ill effect to having deer, pigs or turkeys around my feeder!
        Yup tried it working ok so far. No wasps either.

Comment

Put one of these in the blind and the rats will be no more.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            Put one of these in the blind and the rats will be no more.
            Neither will my blind as I will burn it down.

Comment

Does this repellers work well? Any suggestion?

Comment

Hoping for a good answer. We lost a Cabelas mesh swivel blind chair to them. They ate it all but the metal legs...

Comment

My neighbor swears by it. I put fox pee on cotton balls and then put them in a medicine bottle with holes drilled in it. Didn't work for pack rats. Got some super good stuff from the feed store and don't have a rat problem anymore.

Comment

Mothballs might work but you won't want to sit in the blind yourself. Ask me how I know?!
                    I put a bunch in my attic to keep the squirrels out and two months later my whole house still has that old lady house smell.

Comment

Well what I tried last year was fox urine, cubed rat poison, and getting the Hot Spot no pest strips from post 15 above and hung them in the blinds. I don't know about moth balls they may work good but I would be afraid of using something with such a strong odor that deer wouldn't normally encounter in nature. The hot spot strips are supposed to be odorless. The other thing I did was I cut the nastiest looking thorn covered smaller mesquite limbs I could find and lined the perimeter of the blind with them along the ground outside the blind. I ended up with much less damage to the blinds last year when I did that. For some reason the gander mountain 1 person invisi-bull blinds I have always have the least amount of damage by rats. To bad they are gonna be had to find or non existent.

Comment

Working...
                      X