No announcement yet.

Black Bear Hunt Booked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to be getting close. I want pictures!!!!

Comment

Nice shooting! Good luck on the hunt!

Comment

Good luck. Should be a blast. My next bear will be with a longbow.

Comment

Good luck Phillip! That shootin should for sure get it done! Have a safe trip, and keep us posted. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Just remember a bear's vitals are set similar to a pigs. Low and forward. However the hide and none structure is fairly light like a whitetail.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
            If you shoot a bear low and forward like a hog there is a very very high chance that you'll never find it!!

Comment

I was told to aim for the midldle middle on a broadside bear and if quartering away then aim for the offside shoulder.

Comment

And absolutely no quarting towards you shots

Comment

Get em Phillip... and maybe win you a widow in the process

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit a bit back and only get one lung and you'll probably never find it..

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing about that pic says low and forward to me, I'd shoot for the middle of the body an a 1/3 of the way back. But that's just me. also that bear appears to be slightly quartered away
                      Here, try this ( more info pulled from the internet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bears are soft. Half way up just behind the shoulder if you are in a tree. This is my last shot. Near leg was back but he was turned away from me. Bear went 40 yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel like hes going to listen to his outfitter on this one boys. They probably see more bears killed every year than anyone here ever will. I too have heard (from outfitters) that you want to be up and a little back from the typical whitetail heart shot.

Comment

Well said Felix40!
                            Good luck Phillip and please post pics when you kill a biggun!!

Comment

I will listen to my outfitter. I just heard from the outfitter and the baits are being hit hard. We'll be the first group in this year. Hopefully I'll get a good'un.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                                Nothing about that pic says low and forward to me, I'd shoot for the middle of the body an a 1/3 of the way back. But that's just me. also that bear appears to be slightly quartered away
                                Here, try this ( more info pulled from the internet)

Good info here. I hit my bear exactly where the red spot is on the bear on the bottom left. He made it about 30yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X