No announcement yet.

New blind coming along quite nicely....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like all my pics got deleted here...I have no reason why......due to several requests I'll get them back up.
    Last edited by Smart; 06-16-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Well dang I still had them in a file where they were all numbered so here they are...that was quick..

On the floor I would go with 2x6s....these are fine with 2x4s but it so much easier with the 2x6s..Cheaper does not always mean better....
      Attached Files

Comment

What kind of screws did you use?
        How long were they?
        Fine or coarse threads?

Comment

How did the size of the blind end up working out for you? Placement and size of windows good to go?

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              What kind of screws did you use?
              How long were they?
              Fine or coarse threads?
              My Homeowners Association only allows us to build stuff with deck screws coarse thread. I am about to post up a detailed thread about my trials and tribulations with them and my threatening to sue them because my neighbors use fine threads.....then I am going to post up about every single sushi trip I had while I built it...

Originally posted by RedneckMorton View Post
              How did the size of the blind end up working out for you? Placement and size of windows good to go?
              RM...the size is perfection. I wouldn't change it....in fact I just built another one this past spring to replace a 5x5 I had for 3 seasons. I did take out the long slender viewing windows and made them big enough to shoot out of if I or a guest needed to because my feedpen for this one is so much bigger. I place a door on each like the center window as well as put black tinted plexiglass in them so in case it gets too cold all I have open is the center shooting window and I can still see. Those 12-13 degree days were a little chilly..

I also insulated the walls on this new one with foam board to deaden the sound and make it a little cooler in October underneath the shade tree. Below is a pic of my setup in my feedpen with my 5x5 still in it so you can see the view I needed. I need to get some new ones with the new blind.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sweet!

I'm sure I'll have more questions!

Comment

very nice sir !!!!

Comment

Did you put in any side or rear peak windows? Drives me crazy when I hear something behind me in my blinds if I do not have a peak... Very nice blind...

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                      Did you put in any side or rear peak windows? Drives me crazy when I hear something behind me in my blinds if I do not have a peak... Very nice blind...

Yes and thanks.......I added these below to the blind you see here and then went with straight 4x6 tinted plexiglass mounted and sealed to the plywood on the new one. I actually did not install them until I got the blind in place so I could optimize my view.....but they pretty much lined up in the center anyway...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Smart; 06-17-2010, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Hogmauler....per your PM....I attached the walls with 2.5" deck screws where you see the circles....all the way around
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great blind Smart!!! I went through the thread and just realized it was from 2008!!! LOL

Comment

very nice build. i will probably steal your plans pretty soon

Comment

nice

looks good

Comment

Awsome build!

Comment

Working...
                                X