Never mind the acorns....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind the acorns....

..... I have the Persimmons this year! These suckers will be gone by Oct 15th, but mannyhere are a lot! Anyone else loaded with Persimmons?

Click image for larger version

Name:	591E0C7A-8AE5-4C6E-ADD3-7A8B7CEB8255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	25157470

I have one in my yard that loads up ever year. Too bad there are no deer there to eat em.

Comment

We have tons and tons of them on our place in Rocksprings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m absolutely LOADED with them this year. Last weekend while checking cards I saw at least 10 large mature trees loaded with them. I know I have at least 25-30 persimmon trees on my small 100 acres so I’m not expecting much feeder activity till after th middle of October

Comment

they are crack cocaine for deer!! use them to your advantage

Comment

Have a few trees that are loaded

But they are right up by the house

Everything seems to love them, coyotes, coons, and I am sure hogs eat them too

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Have a few trees that are loaded

But they are right up by the house

Everything seems to love them, coyotes, coons, and I am sure hogs eat them too
              No doubt. My challenge is they seem to like to grow in areas where there are no decent larger trees to set up a climber . I tend to hunt the general areas of my persimmons in the first couple weeks bow season, But I have noted that they are usually all gone by the middle of October or so.

Comment

The trees on my lease are full of them.

Comment

Our lease outside Fredericksburg is covered with persimmon bushes, and they are loaded with fruit. Some of the fruit was ripe a month ago, some ripe last weekend, and still more green ones on the bushes. We'll have ripe persimmons for a while yet. Not bad to eat either, but you have to reach up higher than a deer's reach to get a good ripe one.

Comment

It’s crazy... I have some Persimmons that are tiny “Trees” more like bushes that are producing fruit!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                      No doubt. My challenge is they seem to like to grow in areas where there are no decent larger trees to set up a climber . I tend to hunt the general areas of my persimmons in the first couple weeks bow season, But I have noted that they are usually all gone by the middle of October or so.
                      plant them thick in a circle and put a pop up in the middle!

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                        plant them thick in a circle and put a pop up in the middle!
                        Good idea... I am just not a pop up guy. The persimmons seem to be gone by mid October and it’s always so godforsaken hot and one of those pop-ups during early October. I hunt from a climber not too terribly far from a big grove.

Comment

We are loaded up in Red River County but the hogs stand under the trees waiting for them to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                            We are loaded up in Red River County but the hogs stand under the trees waiting for them to fall.
                            We have owned our place for 12 years. Up until this year the hogs were relatively light and virtually nonexistent for the first nine years . For whatever reason that’s not the case anymore and I certainly am going to get to see persimmon catching hogs this fall ! Man, where did they come from!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                              We have tons and tons of them on our place in Rocksprings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              What kind are those? Never seen any that look like that. Tree is different from what we have.

Comment

Working...
                              X