No announcement yet.

She ain't from around here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I lived in Dripping Springs the property behind me sold and the guy who bought it was going to hand dig a storm shelter because he was worried about tornados. I don't think a tornado has even ever gone through Dripping Springs. I told him it was solid rock 6-10 inches under the dirt and he didn't believe me. He started digging with a shovel and removed 6" of dirt and hit solid rock. He removed all the dirt on top of the rock for the size of shelter he had to dig and then asked me how to dig through the rock. I handed him my rock bar and said with this. He spent 15 minutes trying to break up a rock and gave up. Decided he wanted a place with more dirt so he could have his shelter and sold out. I believe he was from the mid west by way of California.

Comment

I see a Texas based sci-fi movie spinning off from this...Snakenado, a spin off of the "great" sharknado movies.

Comment

I bet ya BoB's snowboard "She" is a Shelter salesman

Comment

Just wait till she jumps in the storm shelter and gets bit by a rattle snake.

Comment

WTH is a Nextdoor app????

Comment

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
              WTH is a Nextdoor app????
              It's a "keeping your nose in other peoples business" app.

Comment

I have the nextdoor app here in Mesquite. it is quite amusing. we had a underground shelter in Haskell county but when I got big enough to say no, I said aint goin in the rattlesnake den I'll be like Pecos Bill and ride the tornado.

Comment

I like the fact that someone reminded her it had to meet HOA specs....

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    My mom and dad's old house on Pioneer Drive there in Abilene had a under ground bomb shelter that had 4 bunk beds in it. You could probably get 15-20 people in it for a short period of time.
                    Every time a storm came up there were 4 neighbors that would be in it. They didn't have to ask. I lived there for 20 years my folks lived there for 30 years and none of us never got in it.
                    My grandparents had a cellar at the farm, and my great-grandparents had one in their back yard in town. I remember getting in each of them once, and each time I remember thinking I'd rather deal with the tornado. They were full of spiders and snakes. The cellar at the farm ALWAYS had rattlesnakes in it. My grandmother would keep canned goods in it, and she'd never send us kids down there to get anything for her. She'd pick up her hoe, open the door, kill a snake or two on the steps on her way down and another one or two down in the cellar, and then she'd come back with whatever she was looking for. She was a tough ol' farm girl.

Comment

With technology today, if you just keep your eyes and ears open, and have a decent app on your phone like Radar Scope you have plenty of time to get the hell out of the way of a powerful Tornado that could potentially kill you. You ain't gone see me and my family hunkered down in a closet If I can see I'm in the direct path of one of those things.

Plus the chances are pretty low anyway.

Comment

you can say all that but the first time i was in cali and the ground started shaking i about ****** myself. Everyone was like no big deal

I said I'd rather be in a hurricane and they thought i was nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                          you can say all that but the first time i was in cali and the ground started shaking i about ****** myself. Everyone was like no big deal

You are nuts! Step outside in an earthquake, cause it ain't gonna kill ya.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post

I was on the 13th floor in the Holiday Inn on Hollywood Blvd. two days after the Northridge quake in '94. I'd just flown in to work (I was an adjuster for State Farm then). I sat my stuff on the bed and was sitting there reading the info to see where I needed to report. I noticed the bed was shaking. I thought, "Oh, great. They put me in a room right next to the air handlers or something."

I turned on the TV, and they were going crazy talking about the big aftershock. It was a 5.6 or so. I opened the curtains, and there was dust boiling out of the hills all around the big Hollywood sign. Crazy deal. There were aftershocks every day for the month I was there, usually more than one. That first one was the biggest.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              I bet ya BoB's snowboard "She" is a Shelter salesman
                              Beat me to it. My thoughts exactly. Too quick on the draw pulling out statistcs for an area she just moved to

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X