Chevy Taho vs Ford Expedition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy Taho vs Ford Expedition

We haven’t looked at cars in years. My wife’s 2012 taho is about to **** the bed. Which would you guys go with? My wife really likes the Expedition and they are basically within $1500 in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a new to me Expedition. I've been pleased so far.

Really enjoying the turning radius.

Prior to this vehicle I had a 09 Traverse and before the Traverse I had a '99 Tahoe.

Was sick when the Tahoe died. Some days I wished I had put a new motor in it, but now that I'm back in a big SUV, I'm happy again.

Go test drive both and buy the one with the deal you're happy with.

Comment

Ford

.. but I like 2 working headlights and no check engine light. Just me

Comment

We’re in the same boat. Was wondering how the expedition was in comparison. I bet we stick with the Tahoe but like the looks of the new expedition.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
          We’re in the same boat. Was wondering how the expedition was in comparison. I bet we stick with the Tahoe but like the looks of the new expedition.

I honestly am kinda leaning to the Expedition. Our Tahoe has been a piece of crap. The back latch has broken multiple times and cost us $1000, the automatic running boards broke, the dash cracked, tons of stuff.

I have been a Chevy/GMC person since my first vehicle and I am kinda wanting a change.

Comment

I’ve had multiples of both and a suburban.

We have a 2018 Max Expedition and no comparison.

The expedition is hands down superior.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
              I honestly am kinda leaning to the Expedition. Our Tahoe has been a piece of crap. The back latch has broken multiple times and cost us $1000, the automatic running boards broke, the dash cracked, tons of stuff.

I have been a Chevy/GMC person since my first vehicle and I am kinda wanting a change.

I was the same. Then run into non stop, ongoing issues with problem due to being built out of cheap crap. Went Ford and it’s no Bentley but it’s 1000x better built interior and exterior... and transmission. Gezzz at the transmission problems I had from all GM... and electrical. Motor wise I never had a major issue it was everything bolted to it. (Other than 01 dura flop that slung apart at 28,000)

Comment

My wife’s 03 Expy just took a huge dump last year...because my wife kept driving it when it overheated. Ford has been real good to my family. My 07 F150 just went over 200k.

Honestly, either choice is gonna be a crapshoot.

Comment

Personally I would go expedition over Tahoe. My mil has a Yukon and it has no room whatsoever. My wife’s grandma just got a brand new expedition and it’s hella nice. Plenty spacious and the ride is better. Ford outdid gm/Chevy for sure.

Comment

Eco boost have been good motors paired with the new 10 speed as long as you keep your foot out of it get okay mileage. Really nice ride, what the wife is wanting. Just got in a really nice max msrp 85k. To rich for a ford tech

Comment

Originally posted by Rcm View Post
                      Eco boost have been good motors paired with the new 10 speed as long as you keep your foot out of it get okay mileage. Really nice ride, what the wife is wanting. Just got in a really nice max msrp 85k. To rich for a ford tech
                      we have found a Expedition with everything we need for $55k.. Nav, Leather, basically everything.. The only thing its missing is the sun roof.. but I feel like those are dumb anyway.

Comment

I work at GM in Arlington so please go with the Tahoe! My job depends on it!

Comment

Just went down this road. Decided to go with the Nissan Armadawith the 5.7L. Better ride, better price and 100k powertrain warranty.

Comment

We went from Tahoe to Yukon to an Expedition. We like the Expedition the best out of the 3.

Comment

We have a 2017 Tahoe and bought right before the new expeditions came out, which I was very hesitant to do. I rent cars weekly for work, and have gotten the new expeditions several times. Both very nice vehicles. In fairness, there is a big difference in the newer Tahoe’s and the previous models. After driving both a lot, I prefer the ride of the Tahoe but looks of the expedition. To me, Tahoe has a smoother ride. Expedition is more powerful. Interior is a little nicer on the expedition, but the drive is more beefy. Almost like a truck, which is certainly not a bad thing, just an observation. What I think did it for me is the fuel saving auto start/stop. Even though this can be disabled, I can’t stand it. I’m a ford guy and preferred the new expeditions until I spent a little time in them. Both are super nice vehicles - and should be for their price. I’d spend a little time test driving both and decide. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X