No announcement yet.

The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in the Houston area wanna do a swap. This is a bit to “peaty”. Surprisingly sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We killed this opening weekend. I’m not a big scotch drinker but this is one of the few I enjoyed. I didn’t think it was too “Smokey”
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
        Anyone tried this?[ATTACH]923808[/ATTACH]
        Never tried that particular one, but would assume any 21 year old Macallan is going to be pretty good. Then again, I love almost everything distilled at Macallan.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          We killed this opening weekend. I’m not a big scotch drinker but this is one of the few I enjoyed. I didn’t think it was too “Smokey”
          my go to.

Comment

Anyone tried this?[ATTACH]923808[/ATTACH]
            No, but I would sure like to. What time should we be there? [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
              No, but I would sure like to. What time should we be there? [emoji41]

It’s one of 247 I believe so probably gonna be keeping this one closed up in the box for a few years!

Comment

It’s one of 247 I believe so probably gonna be keeping this one closed up in the box for a few years!
                Can't blame a guy for tryin'!

Comment

If the price doesn’t go up like I think it should we will crack this puppy open!

Comment

Any one have any interest in a bottle of black art 1990? aged 23 years. won it in a drawing.

Comment

Anyone tried this yet . Had 11 bottles at a wedding this weekend and i had my fair share . I drink mine 3/4s full with a few ice cubes splashed off w Topo Chico mineral water. Its a **** fine single malt 10 yr scotch for the money. I highly recomend it w a nice hand rolled cigar.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes one of my go-to’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was wondering if there was a scotch thread, seems to be not near as popular as bourbon around here.

My most recent favorite bottle is Oban 14.

In no particular order, some of my other favorites are:
                          Dalmore Cigar Malt
                          Dalmore Port Wood
                          Dalmore 12
                          Aberlour 16
                          Auchentoshan 12
                          Glenrothes Whisky Makers Cask
                          Royal Brackla 12
                          Balvennie 14

12 years seems to be the sweet spot for scotches for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                            I was wondering if there was a scotch thread, seems to be not near as popular as bourbon around here.

My most recent favorite bottle is Oban 14.

In no particular order, some of my other favorites are:
                            Dalmore Cigar Malt
                            Dalmore Port Wood
                            Dalmore 12
                            Aberlour 16
                            Auchentoshan 12
                            Glenrothes Whisky Makers Cask
                            Royal Brackla 12
                            Balvennie 14

12 years seems to be the sweet spot for scotches for me.
                            I haven't had all of those, but I have had most of those, and they are all pretty dang good. I need to grab another Dalmore 12.

Comment

I like to keep a few to go with my seegars. My favorite is the Tomintoul.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Monkey Shoulder is a really good blended scotch whisky that is delicious and only about $35. i cant quit drinking it.

Comment

Working...
                                X