No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Nolan river safe to wade in with Granbury letting water out? Plan on going in the morning but wanted to make sure I wouldn't be at risk if I was out wading.

Comment

W lake is still coming up slightly. Grandbury is still releasing water. PK has cut back on it's water release. But is still letting a little out. Aquilla is already and still above normal. Wonder how much rain will contribute to either lake's rise. The W lake may not get as much run-off to affect it. But Aquilla might. And it rose to above 3' after the last rain.

Comment

The rain in the next few days may bring Whitney up again hope it doesn't hut the campgrounds.

Comment

Storm, the W lake is still 2.2 feet low. I'm not that sure it will get enough to bring it up to normal. Most of the really heavy rains will be running in a line from SW to NE and moving SE from there. They really won't start till the get to about the W lake. I don't think it will get enough run-off to affect the lake much more than what Grandbury is affecting it. The Middle Trinity River basin will get a good one this time around.
          Just noticed Grandbury cut it's release back by almost 1/2 since I last posted here. PK is still releasing a little. I would almost bet Aquilla will rise again. It doesn't take much to raise that lake. And I'm thinking Waco might get a good rise.

I certainly don't want to see the campgrounds flooded again either.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-10-2017, 01:13 PM.

Comment

How much rain did you guys get yesterday?

Comment

For the last 24 hours.

Clifton got a little over 3 inches in the Bosque River guage.
              Valley Mills is above 3" but below 3.5 and still rising in the Bosque River guage. They are getting rain right now.
              Nolan River at Blum about .38", less than 1 inch.
              Lake Aquilla got tad over 3.5 inches.
              And Aquilla Creek about 2.85 inches.

Here's a link to help ya out. It's not all inclusive. But has some important data points:

Comment

Oh, and a little over 3/4" here at the house. Good for my maytor and pepper plants.
                Bad for working in the back yard.

Comment

That amount of rain should keep the parks open for us.

Comment

So much for the 3 day weekend, I now have to work Friday and Saturday to help on another engine line, it's been a few years since I've broken one down all the way. Enjoy yourselves this weekend guys.

Comment

Whitney is 1.5 feet low. Grandbury and PK continue to let some water out. But not a lot.

Aquilla on the other hand, is 4.67 feet above normal at the moment. And still rising while it's releasing water.

Comment

Hello very one long time no see . Anyone know if plowmans creek ramp is open ? Haven't been here in a long while thanks in advance

Comment

Ugh I want to go fishing and turkey hunting but my truck is in baaaaad shape. Trying to find another cheap one to get me back and forth from the rig (and the lake) while either we repair this one or we rebuild our credit enough to get a better one. I hate vehicle shopping.

Comment

Here now. Trying to catch some bait.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                            Attached Files

Comment

In the last month we've gotten 9.5" of rain around Lakeside. Water standing everywhere and a muddy mess in others.

Comment

Working...
                              X