Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lip View Post
    Not exactly. It will take hours with a disc to smooth this out. I need to find one of those $300 Photon XT’s to use until my Photon comes in.
    Why not a sniper hawg lite mounted to your scope?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      I wouldn’t call the pulsars junk by any means. No doubt the Reap mk3 is superior though.
      Well he means junk when your talking about people like us who hunt alot.

In the scheme of thermal a PTS is lower end compared to the previously mentioned scopes that are $6500-8500

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      Why not a sniper hawg lite mounted to your scope?

https://youtu.be/Lq1qQBoerxM
      because you will only kill 1 hog from a group like that. Maybe 2 if your lucky. Used them for years prior to thermal

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Buddy who is a Pulsar rep told me the are junk and only uses his REAP now. Funny how these pulsar guys post great reviews then use other products
        Steve Neece?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          Steve Neece?
          no. Buddy of mine who lives near Dallas.

I don't know how the "reps/pro staff" and all that work. Alot of people say they are prostaff and reps and such.
          Last edited by gingib; 02-14-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

What shooting sticks does everyone recommend when they are stalking?

Comment

I just got the Primos trigger stick gen 3. Google it to see how it opperates. I have been impressed with it but so far I have just messed around with it in my living room and backyard. The earlier generations had issues with the legs not telescoping like they should but based on what I have read this is not an issue on the gen 3. The tripod is kind of expensive at 150 bucks.

Comment

I use the Gen 2 Trigger Stick Tripod. I use it at least 1-2 times a month and they have been great!. Light quiet and steady.

Comment

Jason,
                  When will you have ATN X-Sight 4K Pro available 5-20? My wife has one on pre-order from Amazon (Optics Planet) they are estimating March 5-15. Can you get it sooner? Same with the ABL 1500?
                  I would rather buy from a TBH supporter. Also what would the cost be?
                  Last edited by texashunter74; 02-14-2018, 01:42 PM. Reason: Left out part of the message

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter74 View Post
                    I use the Gen 2 Trigger Stick Tripod. I use it at least 1-2 times a month and they have been great!. Light quiet and steady.

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                    I just got the Primos trigger stick gen 3. Google it to see how it opperates. I have been impressed with it but so far I have just messed around with it in my living room and backyard. The earlier generations had issues with the legs not telescoping like they should but based on what I have read this is not an issue on the gen 3. The tripod is kind of expensive at 150 bucks.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      Yes you do from the pics posted above!

That PTS233 is GOOD only if you consider the price. Buddy who is a Pulsar rep told me the are junk and only uses his REAP now. Funny how these pulsar guys post great reviews then use other products
                      I sell Trijicon, Pulsar and FLIR so I'll throw in my un-requested 2 cents.

I find this humorous because I cannot tell you how many Pulsar Trail XP38 and XP50's I've sold to current Trijicon owners. Seriously, the percentage I've sold that already own Trijicon is crazy. And to be clear, no one, including me or them is saying the Pulsars have better or even equal image quality, but over and over I ask these guys, "Ok tell me why you are buying a $5,000 Pulsar when you already have a Trijicon?" The answer is always the same. They've used one or seen one that a buddy has and they say something like, "Ya the image isn't as good as my MKIII but dang, it's $4,000 less and it has internal video recording, a rechargeable battery pack and I love that picture in picture and the image quality is still awesome." I hear comments like that over and over. Seriously, for the last 3+ months I've spent close to 7 hours a day on the phone with guys looking to buy thermal, I talk to a crazy amount of guys every week, my sample size is large.

So again, I'll never say these current Pulsars have an image quality as good as the Trijicons, that would be ridiculous. But for a Pulsar rep (whatever that means exactly) to say the Pulsars are junk, even compared to a $9,000 MKIII is laughable. I haven't found a single Trijicon owner who has said the Pulsar 640's are junk. I'm sure I can find one but that's an unreasonable and laughable comment.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                        my sample size is large.
                        That's what she said......sorry it had to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by nailhead View Post
                          that's what she said......sorry it had to be done.
                          haha!!

Comment

I’m really needing some kind of night hunting scope soon. I haven’t seen the front yard behind the camera yet so I can only imagine the damage they did this weekend.
                            Dang! You aren't kidding! I'll call Pulsar and tell them to get that thermal you ordered here on the double. They might move into that house and take it over too if you aren't careful!

Primos Trigger Sticks Gen 3 bipod and tripod. They are unbelievably nice. They are super sturdy, light weight, quiet and perfect for level or uneven ground. They are the best I've ever used.

- Jason

Comment

Jason,
                              When will you have ATN X-Sight 4K Pro available 5-20? My wife has one on pre-order from Amazon (Optics Planet) they are estimating March 5-15. Can you get it sooner? Same with the ABL 1500?
                              Thanks for asking, I really appreciate it. I have the 4K's on pre-order but I don't have a good date and I'm pretty skeptical of the early March date. OP is known for lying about ship dates and saying they are much sooner than they are so that they get people to buy from them. Case in point, I just sold a Photon RT to a customer who has had one on order from OP and they told him it was in stock and would ship immediately but it wasn't really in stock. Then they said it would ship in 2-3 days, then they said longer, then they finally said, Sightmark drop ships them for them, they don't even get them into their warehouse, so his would ship whenever Sightmark got some and they didn't know when that would be. I've gotten 2 shipments this week from Sightmark, it isn't that hard but OP doesn't touch a lot of the scopes because they do so much drop shipping so it's hard for them to really know when to expect inventory.

With that said, OP will probably ship the 4K as soon as anyone, whenever they are available. I know of a dealer who has an extremely close relationship with ATN and he always has the scoop on their new stuff and from what I've seen, even he isn't predicting any ship dates yet.

So at the end of the day, I thank you so much for giving me a shot at helping but I can't promise I will get it on any certain date because the last time I spoke to ATN they just said, "March or April if all goes well but it could be later if we find any bugs that need to be worked out". With that said, they might be shipping in 3 weeks or they might be shipping in 3 months. These pre-orders are so difficult to predict. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Comment

Jason,
                                Just cancel order and buy from Jason

You won't be disappointed as he tells it like it is and is good to his word AND A TBH SPONSOR

Comment

Working...
                                X