Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put support columns in the middle and split it into 2 pieces. I doubt you would want to panel the whole thing out.

Comment

This is the beginning!

Comment

Just found and read this from start to now and you have done a great job.
        I agree on how life can interrupt the ranch work. I usually end up working the whole time I am at my place. Keep it up and I'll be following this thread closely.

Comment

Seeing your fence line has got me motivated. I called your dozer guy and he said he is ready anytime I want to start.
          I also found someone in Caldwell that uses a forestry mulcher, and I like that even better. Although it is double what the dozer work costs, so I maybe going dozer.....

I'll be up at our place on "Black Friday", hauling off some cr@p to the dump in Anderson. If you have anything to go, your welcome to throw it on my trailer. (16 footer)

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
            Seeing your fence line has got me motivated. I called your dozer guy and he said he is ready anytime I want to start.
            I also found someone in Caldwell that uses a forestry mulcher, and I like that even better. Although it is double what the dozer work costs, so I maybe going dozer.....

I'll be up at our place on "Black Friday", hauling off some cr@p to the dump in Anderson. If you have anything to go, your welcome to throw it on my trailer. (16 footer)
            Are you talking about Eric with Quality Improvements (the guy with the mulcher)?

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
              Are you talking about Eric with Quality Improvements (the guy with the mulcher)?
              That's they guy.
              Any knowledge, good or bad?

Comment

That's they guy.
                Any knowledge, good or bad?
                I met him and had him check out my place. He was very polite and professional, and his equipment is the real deal, but I just can't drop 3k to clean my fence line.

Comment

I met him and had him check out my place. He was very polite and professional, and his equipment is the real deal, but I just can't drop 3k to clean my fence line.
                  If he could do that and undercut an acre, I would be tempted. But that would be about the top of my budget.
                  My place is half your size though, so who knows.

Let me know if your going be up there then.

Comment

If he could do that and undercut an acre, I would be tempted. But that would be about the top of my budget.
                    My place is half your size though, so who knows.

Let me know if your going be up there then.
                    Have yall contacted the NRCS??? Idk what size is "too small" for them to help with but there is a LOT of government cheese running around for clearing

Comment

You figure out how to get that to the ranch yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Lick View Post
                        You figure out how to get that to the ranch yet?
                        Not yet, brotha. I'm doing my homework, trying to educate myself on what the options are. Text me if you've got any suggestions!

Comment

Most pre-fab building folks will move for you. They have a special trailer and know how to make it look easy. If you tear off the addition a flatbed wrecker may be able to haul it if its not too tall.

Comment

WOW! Joined this forum about a two or so weeks ago, and this thread is the first one ive subscribed to. Place looks awesome man, cannot wait to have my own slice of Texas one day.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Following

Comment

Since you have to repair anyway, I would separate the two to clean up that patch job and haul them separately. It is on skids so just back the flatbed trailer up to it. Then jack up the side of the building, then back under it slowly. A winch on trailer or rear of truck would help. We have moved one like it several times. ALso helps to put soap on trail so building slids on.

Comment

Working...
                                X