No announcement yet.

Let's see your bolt guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Spanish LR Mauser in 8mm. Leopold 3x9x40 scope, Hogue Overmold stock, rattle can flat gray primer. My throw behind the seat beater rifle. Waiting on a Timney trigger. It tasted a little blood this past weekend on an old cull buck.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
        Late 1940's Stevens 325A in 30 30
        I snagged one of those last year. I read somewhere on the web the barrels of World War II surplus machine gun barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post

My 700 ADL Varmint in 308 Winchester, lives in an XLR Element chassis and wears a Viper 6.5-20x50.

My newest, the "Creedmoor Killer" Winchester M70, chambered in 6.5WSM, Kreiger 1-8 twist, in an HS Precision takeoff stock which I bedded. It now wears a Burris XTR II 5-25X50. 140 Berger VLDH at a shade over 3200fps. 6.0 mils to 1000 yards.

There are others, but I don't have pics right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
          That 6.5WSM is an awesome round! A guy on our lease has all kinds of custom guns and that is his go to deer rifle

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
            That 6.5WSM is an awesome round! A guy on our lease has all kinds of custom guns and that is his go to deer rifle
            It's a lot of fun. Glad to know someone else has one. If love to get his info to share load data. Being a wildcat, you're pretty much flying blind.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
              It's a lot of fun. Glad to know someone else has one. If love to get his info to share load data. Being a wildcat, you're pretty much flying blind.

I believe he has s guy load for him so I'm not sure what all he has, but I'll ask him about it next time I see him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's see your bolt guns

Bump

Comment

Here's .my .243 (Fat Amy)

Last edited by watchale; 01-10-2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

My .280 built off of a Remington 700 BDL action. The bolt was lapped and faced true and spiral fluted. The barrel is a 26" match grade stainless steel Lilja #5 and I had it straight fluted. I had it teflon matte finished in black since my action was already black. Stock is a McMillan Master's in green. Jewell trigger set at 2 lbs. It has a Swarovski 6x30 Z6 BRH reticle on Talley rings/bases. Rifle was built by Rifles Inc. in South Texas. It was sighted in with a zero at 200 yrds with Federal 140 grain Barnes TSX. I have mainly used this rifle on Mule Deer hunts.
                    Last edited by texashunter56; 01-10-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

.257 wby built by Pete Piper

Comment

Let's see your bolt guns

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

.257 wby built by Pete Piper

Looks great! How does it shoot? I'm thinking about asking him to build me rifle. Is that fluting on the barrel? Looks really cool! [emoji41]

Comment

Remington 700 7mm
                          26" Bartlein 3B 1:9 twist 5r rifling
                          HS Precision
                          Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50

Got several others in the safe but right now this ones the most fun. Kicks like a 243 and those 180g Bergers like to eat!

Comment

Here's a little better of a pic of my browning A-bolt medallion in 270. Still trying to learn how to take good pics of my rifles.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1426.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	24480594
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1425.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	24480595

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                              Looks great! How does it shoot? I'm thinking about asking him to build me rifle. Is that fluting on the barrel? Looks really cool! [emoji41]

Shoots great. I'm easily under a half inch with san****s and no rear bag. I've been meaning to grab a bald eagle rest and good rear bag to really stack them.

Barrel isn't fluted. Bolt is his diamond cut.

Comment

Ruger m77 mark II in 270win. Changed out the stock with a revolution stock. Also changed the trigger to a timney. Haven't shot it since replacing the stock.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X