No announcement yet.

Do leveling kits improve the ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you went with a 3/1 level kit it might make it worse.. Without upgrading your UCAs you won't get the right camber and the outside of your tires will wear faster.

Don't ask me how I know . I ran a 3/1 for a year before I ripped it out and upgraded my UCAs and added coil overs.

Comment

Throw a couple hundred pounds in the back and see if the problem goes away, if so run less air in the rear tires. Some times it doesn't take much.

Comment

Why spend the money for a leveling kit? What is the purpose?

Comment

I put a set of Boss coilovers on my 2017 f150 with a set of new raptor rims and tire. Rides like a caddy. Had the fox 2.0 rear shocks on for a bit but they rode really rough. I figured due to light alum body. Took the rears off and put stock back off. The boss coilovers make a night and day difference. Boss are alot easier to adjust while on the truck than fox just as a FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
            I put a set of Boss coilovers on my 2017 f150 with a set of new raptor rims and tire. Rides like a caddy. Had the fox 2.0 rear shocks on for a bit but they rode really rough. I figured due to light alum body. Took the rears off and put stock back off. The boss coilovers make a night and day difference. Boss are alot easier to adjust while on the truck than fox just as a FYI.
            Is this what you went with? I’m wanting to level my 2015 f150.

Comment

I think it depends on the truck. I had one on two different dodges and they rode a little better. Had on a chevy and it rode so bad I sold the truck

Originally posted by SL1 View Post
              Throw a couple hundred pounds in the back and see if the problem goes away, if so run less air in the rear tires. Some times it doesn't take much.

this. There was a company who sold weights to bolt to frame rails at one time

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                My 2017 F-150 was terrible on rough roads. I switched stock out with

Fox 2.0 coilover leveling kit. It rides like my Raptor now on rough roads.

Interesting!

Comment

With a GOOD leveling kit... yes. You get what you pay for!!

Comment

Originally posted by dallred View Post
                    My 2016 F150 super crew wants to "road walk" when traveling on rough surfaces at highway speeds. I think it is in the rear and could be related to the lighter aluminum body.
                    If it is a 2016, it is a steel body. I have one also.
                    They did not switch to the aluminum till 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      L-e-v-e-l-i-n-g.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        L-e-v-e-l-i-n-g.
                        Mainly for looks.

Also doesn't help with the ride but does on the handling, if you change out the factory and put a Bilstein steering stabilizer on.

Comment

Road walk is probably a tire issue.

Comment

Looks mostly, and also to get a little more clearance if you wanted larger tires than factory without rubbing issues. I just hate the factory rake on trucks and prefer a nice level stance.

Comment

As stated, looks more than anything.

Actually, trucks come from the factory with rake for when hauling a decent load or pulling a bumper pull with a bit of tong weight, the truck doesn't have as bad of a squatting issue in the rear.

Also, some people may not realize but for a lot of leveled trucks carrying a load, their low beams blind on-coming traffic.

Obviously, this is not an issue for the average truck owner that's using their vehicle for a grocery getter and baseball practice.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, well except for FND

Comment

Working...
                                X