Anyone here shoot a Border Recurve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here shoot a Border Recurve?

I just picked up a used (lightly) Border Covert Hunter Ultra with the Hex 7 limbs. Anyone else on here shoot one? It sure is a sweet shooter and has impressive cast considering the light draw weight (45@28). I don't have any pics on my computer but will try to post some later. I have several recurves and this is already one of my favorites.

I don't shoot one, but Borders are one of the highest performance bows there are. I know a guy who has a 42# at his DL border recurve, and it spits an arrow at almost 200fps!!!

Have fun with your new stick.

Bisch

Comment

I can't afford one nor would I know how to string one. I need to see a video of how to do it. It has to be tricky and even have some pucker factor involved.

Have fun. I watched a video of a lightweight one putting arrows through the chrono at 200+.

Comment

My recurve is an older border bow and it's as good a bow as you can buy. The newer technology is flat out amazing as far as draw feel and performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yessir, the pucker factor is definitely involved every time i string it! As a matter of fact i just ordered a new stringer with a deeper pocket to minimize the bow trying to roll when i put tension on the stringer. I am anxious to get some serious shooting time with the little jewel. I just wonder if Border makes or sells a special stringer for these bows?

Comment

Try the Saunders no twists stringer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May I ask how much you paid for it?

Comment

Mike, I paid 1350 for it delivered to my door with the original case from Border and 18 carbon arrows included. It is less than a year old. They are about 2k new plus taxes and shipping. I feel like it was a good deal.

Comment

I have a set of Border Hex5 limbs at 34# and really like them. Not as radical as the hex 7 but very smooth and quick for their draw weight. There is a pucker factor to stringing the limbs at first. I use a Black Widow stringer with mine but there isn't as much curve in the 5's as in the 7's.
                  Border does make a stringer for their super recurve limbs though.

Comment

fwood, i have been using my BW stringer on it and it is okay but with the large amount of hook on these limbs i want to use one with the block on it. I have one with the block but the pocket for the lower limb tip isnt very deep so the limb tries to roll when i put pressure on the stringer. i ordered one from 3rivers last night that has a deeper pocket for the lower limb that should eliminate the tendency to roll. Where can i find the border stringer? I dont see one listed in their accessories on their website.

Comment

I would contact Border. I hear they are very good with their customer service. Might send a PM to Sid from Archery Talk. Their stringers are a nylon strap with a loop on the end and pocket on the other I think.

Comment

I'll contact them and see if they can hook me up. Thanks!

Comment

TBH member Old Man has or had one for sell, I've shot one & it was a performer

Comment

I actually designed a bow stringer for a friend that had hernia surgery and was afraid to be bending over to string a bow. I use my drawboard which has a boat winch and scale. I take the scale off and use a length of rope with two loops similar to the loop end of the Selway stringer. Place the loops near the start of the curve of the limbs and give the winch a few cranks. It doesn't take much bend in the limbs to get the string attached. It is the easiest bow stringing that I have ever done but is a tad bit slow.

Comment

If the stringer from Border is used and stand on it with both feet spread apart the bow is very easy to string. Borders are high performance and very different in their setup. They need heavier, stiffer arrows than normal and string brace height is lower. I've had several guys tell me my BH was too low.

Go to the Trad Talk website. Do a search for Covert Hunter. There's a ton of info there.

Comment

Working...
                              X