No announcement yet.

Jeff Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yall like living in a democracy? Or something more authoritarian? Majority support legalization nationwide. If you don't, that's fine you are the minority. Have a seat and enjoy your democratic govt. at work

Americans' support for legalizing marijuana continues to increase, with a new record 64% saying it should be made legal in Gallup's nearly 50-year trend.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      Yall like living in a democracy? Or something more authoritarian? Majority support legalization nationwide. If you don't, that's fine you are the minority. Have a seat and enjoy your democratic govt. at work

http://news.gallup.com/poll/221018/r...marijuana.aspx
      Democrats prefer legalization more than Republicans.....SHOCKING!

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

http://news.gallup.com/poll/221018/r...marijuana.aspx

It’s a good thing we aren’t a true democracy then, right?

The pro dope folks are ****** at the wrong people. We are either going to enforce laws or we aren’t. If you don’t like the laws, complain to Congress to get them changed.

To turn a blind eye to enforcement of laws we don’t like is not the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

The pro dope folks are ****** at the wrong people. We are either going to enforce laws or we aren’t. If you don’t like the laws, complain to Congress to get them changed.

Most of the pro-doppers want open borders as well.....crazy!

Comment

Unconstitutional laws should never be enforced.

Comment

Unconstitutional?

How do you figure?

Comment

X2. There are two different arguments going on here. I'm not going to opine on "pot - good or bad?" But like Mike said, the president issuing a memo to not enforce federal laws that are no longer popular with the majority is not the answer. The Republican senator from Colorado who blew a gasket over Sessions announcement needs to redirect his energy towards a bill that would change the law. By the way, do you really think federal prosecutors in pot-legal states are going to suddenly start shutting down the industry? I highly doubt it. Sessions is forcing congresses hand.

Comment

Unconstitutional?

How do you figure?

10th amendment for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    The firearm / substance abuse example is laughable!

After watch my step-dad die of Stage 4 lung cancer....I'm for medical mj.

I see folks today that I went to school with that we called stoners then, 30 years later......life hasn't worked out so well for them
                    I know this is a small segment of the populous.......just my small world view.

Some folks can't use it responsibly ....alcohol included. I don't see easier access as a good thing accept for the doctor writing the scripts

It's hard to take a stance on any of it.
                    Some folks can't use anything responsibly. They overdo any stimulant or depressant that is available for them to use. Doesn't mean it can't be used responsibly. Just like alcohol.

If you think the substance isn't already easily accessible you must have blinders on. It is easier for our children to obtain than alcohol. If you don't believe me ask some of our current youth about it.

Those folks you called stoners already had that laziness in their DNA prior to being introduced to Marijuana. That's why we have lazy people that aren't users and highly productive people that are users of the substance. If you look close enough you'll find far more productive users than worthless ones.

It's just like any other controversial topic. You can't look at a small sample size and apply it to the entire group. Just because you know a hand full of stoners doesn't mean that is the rule for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                      Some folks can't use anything responsibly. They overdo any stimulant or depressant that is available for them to use. Doesn't mean it can't be used responsibly. Just like alcohol.

If you think the substance isn't already easily accessible you must have blinders on. It is easier for our children to obtain than alcohol. If you don't believe me ask some of our current youth about it.

Those folks you called stoners already had that laziness in their DNA prior to being introduced to Marijuana. That's why we have lazy people that aren't users and highly productive people that are users of the substance. If you look close enough you'll find far more productive users than worthless ones.

It's just like any other controversial topic. You can't look at a small sample size and apply it to the entire group. Just because you know a hand full of stoners doesn't mean that is the rule for everybody.
                      As long as we legalize coke too.
                      ...I'm good with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        As long as we legalize coke too.
                        ...I'm good with it.
                        I'm ok with that. None of it is "good" for you and people that want to do crazy things....do crazy things. Drink too much and it will kill you. Do too much dope and it will kill you. Folks already know this. Regulate it and tax it. Let big boys and girls make big decisions. Enough of this nanny state.

Comment

This memo won't have much of an effect on marijuana prosecutions and in substance says very little. It suggests that Fed prosecutors use discretion in deciding which cases to prosecute considering the departments "finite resources." That's code for "politically we need to take this stance on MJ but don't waste time and money prosecuting these things."

That tells federal LEO that they shouldn't invest their time and resources conducting these types of investigations in states where MJ is legal because the US attorneys office likely won't accept the case for prosecution.

That doesn't mean that it will be less aggressively prosecuted in states where it is still illegal or that any dispensary who isn't following federal income reporting procedures won't get popped. It won't be long before people go to federal prison over this but it won't be for possession or sale. It will be for structuring, tax evasion, bribery or conspiracy to commit one of those offenses.

Comment

We need drug testing.
                            Drug test to get welfare
                            Drug test to vote
                            Drug test to buy a firearm
                            Drug test to get a drivers license
                            Drug test for a hunting license
                            Drug test to get insurance.
                            Drug test to post on green screen

That'll fix it!

Comment

No taxes, thanks.