Politics Shmolotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Ive always considered you TBH's official black conservative voice.
    I guess you never met Leon.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      LMAO............we surely know your reading is critically flawed for YEARS!!! Heck, it is on dang near LIFE SUPPORT!!!
      I have given OUR president recognition on quite a few positive actions. Gorsuch, new tax code, military refit..........guess what? You Lose......all credit given here on TBH!
      Now your turn, instead of typing hype and attempting to find negative discord on TBH, go back and read some of the threads.
      Oh, I will wait on MY quotes attributed to me flaming President Trump. Anytime, I will wait! Just FACTS please, not what you want to "feel" I think or what I mean......(that's what liberals deux)........come on, bring it! I am excited to see what you come up with!!!!
      No my reading comprehension is good but WOW!!!! A little edgy are we? I understand
      Who said anything about "flaming" Trump? Your words not mine.
      Your tactics are subtle but effective. I wouldn't call them "flaming" and never have but I can see where you my feel like you flame him. Maybe you should go back and read your own posts....
      You know there is nothing wrong with being on one side of the fence or the other but just pick one side and be PROUD..

So back to my original post. Before we were sidetracked. What about that stock market? It's quite a bit better than the previous 8 years of the past administration wouldn't you say so??

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        No my reading comprehension is good but WOW!!!! A little edgy are we? I understand
        Who said anything about "flaming" Trump? Your words not mine.
        Your tactics are subtle but effective. I wouldn't call them "flaming" and never have but I can see where you my feel like you flame him. Maybe you should go back and read your own posts....
        You know there is nothing wrong with being on one side of the fence or the other but just pick one side and be PROUD..

So back to my original post. Before we were sidetracked. What about that stock market? It's quite a bit better than the previous 8 years of the past administration wouldn't you say so??
        Lol....as I suspected.....trifling non sense, but decent attempt!!! (-;
        Yes.....the market is wonderful. Rising tides lift all ships.....and $$$ will always be the leading indicator of how much we all rise. Thank God I follow Dave Ramsey principles and make decent gains either way in the market. Reduce our debt and we all win....kinda simple.....but dang effective!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Lol....as I suspected.....trifling non sense, but decent attempt!!! (-;
          Yes.....the market is wonderful. Rising tides lift all ships.....and $$$ will always be the leading indicator of how much we all rise. Thank God I follow Dave Ramsey principles and make decent gains either way in the market. Reduce our debt and we all win....kinda simple.....but dang effective!!!

LOL!!!!! You just can't say it can you!!

Ok I'll say it for you..
          GO TRUMP!!!!!!

You can thank me later.

Comment

Ok I'll say it for you..
            GO TRUMP!!!!!!

You can thank me later.
            Ohhhhh, thats the premise of this discussion??
            Lol.[emoji1] now that's the last thing I thought a grown man needed to justify his financial existence in this nation of opportunity! Geez, milk & honey for that matter. Whomever sits in office I will achieve as none of them care about my life.....or yours. Just a little real world truth. Some presidents surely make it more difficult than others.....but my job is to WIN.....period!! As a father and husband I will focus on "Geaux Taylor's!!!" But I surely will give our president credit when & where deserved without reservation.

Comment

The stock market doubled during Obama's 8 years. That wasn't because of Obama, it was in spite of him. The recovery from the 2008 recession was the slowest and weakest post-recession recovery we've ever had. But businesses are resilient. Everybody always likes to give the President all the credit or blame for the economy and the stock market. Politics is one thing that affects both, but it isn't the only thing. And the president has less of a direct effect than Congress does. Congress passes tax and spending laws. Presidents just sign or veto them. But even when the idiots in Washington don't give us ideal fiscal policy, we still all show up for work and try to figure out how to make a living and grow our businesses, even when the playing field we have to work with isn't what we wish it was.

We're starting to see a reduction in some of the government regulations that were added over the last several years, and that's helping free up capital and resources so that businesses can grow faster. Today's tax cut will help even more. If they'd ever actually get completely rid of Obamacare, that would help too. And there are still lots of regulations that still need to go to get government off of our backs even more. The stock market has risen a lot lately on the expectation that all of that would materialize. Some of it has, and that's awesome. A bunch of it hasn't become reality yet. Hopefully it will. They should have gotten it all done by now, but maybe they will finally get around to honoring all their campaign promises eventually. Even when they don't, any little bit that we can get out of them that gets government a little bit less into our pockets and a little bit less in our way with regulations will be an improvement. We'll all still be trying to figure out how to make a buck regardless. The credit for growth goes to all of us in the private sector, not the politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                The stock market doubled during Obama's 8 years. That wasn't because of Obama, it was in spite of him. The recovery from the 2008 recession was the slowest and weakest post-recession recovery we've ever had. But businesses are resilient. Everybody always likes to give the President all the credit or blame for the economy and the stock market. Politics is one thing that affects both, but it isn't the only thing. And the president has less of a direct effect than Congress does. Congress passes tax and spending laws. Presidents just sign or veto them. But even when the idiots in Washington don't give us ideal fiscal policy, we still all show up for work and try to figure out how to make a living and grow our businesses, even when the playing field we have to work with isn't what we wish it was.

We're starting to see a reduction in some of the government regulations that were added over the last several years, and that's helping free up capital and resources so that businesses can grow faster. Today's tax cut will help even more. If they'd ever actually get completely rid of Obamacare, that would help too. And there are still lots of regulations that still need to go to get government off of our backs even more. The stock market has risen a lot lately on the expectation that all of that would materialize. Some of it has, and that's awesome. A bunch of it hasn't become reality yet. Hopefully it will. They should have gotten it all done by now, but maybe they will finally get around to honoring all their campaign promises eventually. Even when they don't, any little bit that we can get out of them that gets government a little bit less into our pockets and a little bit less in our way with regulations will be an improvement. We'll all still be trying to figure out how to make a buck regardless. The credit for growth goes to all of us in the private sector, not the politicians.
                I can promise you that there were things that Obama did, all by himself, that did serious damage the economy.. As a matter of fact he was a master at it.. The many executive orders that were signed, some in the middle of the night, and all of the environmental regulation crap that he and his ilk were pushing.. The list goes on and on and on and on.. It all had a direct and sudden impact on our economy..

I have many family members that still are or were self employed that felt the wrath of what that fool did and some still are......

How soon we forget.. I bet the oils feild hands remember..

Comment

I can promise you that there were things that Obama did, all by himself, that did serious damage the economy.. As a matter of fact he was a master at it.. The many executive orders that were signed, some in the middle of the night, and all of the environmental regulation crap that he and his ilk were pushing.. The list goes on and on and on and on.. It all had a direct and sudden impact on our economy..

I have many family members that still are or were self employed that felt the wrath of what that fool did and some still are......

How soon we forget.. I bet the oils feild hands remember..
                  Absolutely. Obama was horrible. But in spite of that, we still managed to muster some economic growth, even though it was only about 2% per year, and we doubled the stock market. We could have done way better if we had better stuff coming out of Washington. No doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodrunner View Post
                    Let me ask you something there reader guy, do you think that what you want is that much different than what any person of the opposite "party" wants? The only thing ya'll disagree on is the way in which to go about arriving at the SAME **** OUTCOME! Its frickin nuts man.

I honestly have the most trouble with people who cannot think for themselves, and just dry heave all this BS they hear from some media correspondent who studied 16th century art at some obscure university in BFE. The media outlets of today are extremely inefficient at fact finding and you will get no facts whatsoever from any mainstream media outlet. Would it benefit any journalist to actually take the time to uncover the facts, follow the policy, and then document the effects of it even 6 months after it has been approved!??? Heck to the no dude. They just report on what the "expectation" of it will be without any follow through whatsoever.

Antidote..read dude! https://www.bakerinstitute.org/research/
                    So trading one biased source of info for your biased source of info is good? Suuurrrre let me get right on that.

Also your above bolded statement is so full of BS I can smell it from here. One side thinks killing babies is cool, the other doesn't. One side thinks we should all be on the govt tit and only they know the proper ways to distribute my money, the other doesn't. One has systematically killed the energy market and jobs in the process, the other hasn't. One believes all guns are evil and we are not smart enough to have such things in our possession, the other doesn't. One side believes they must legislate equality, the other thinks we should all have the ability to get to that point on our own with minimal govt. intrusion. Need I go on?

On a side note I have seen a lot of arrogant posts on this sight but this one takes the cake on both arrogance and the most politely I have ever been told I am stupid.

Also FYI just because you preface it with no offense doesn't mean you can come out and basically call all of us poor neanderthals stupid.

Signed BBA in marketing from TTU, not all of us hillbillies on here are uneducated. Besides there are more formally educated idiots running around at this point than there has ever been in the last hundred years. It is amazing how many people come out of college thinking they know it all and amazing how many come on a public forum to tell others all about it.

Comment

Ok I'll say it for you..
                      GO TRUMP!!!!!!

You can thank me later.

Well said

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                        So trading one biased source of info for your biased source of info is good? Suuurrrre let me get right on that.

Also your above bolded statement is so full of BS I can smell it from here. One side thinks killing babies is cool, the other doesn't. One side thinks we should all be on the govt tit and only they know the proper ways to distribute my money, the other doesn't. One has systematically killed the energy market and jobs in the process, the other hasn't. One believes all guns are evil and we are not smart enough to have such things in our possession, the other doesn't. One side believes they must legislate equality, the other thinks we should all have the ability to get to that point on our own with minimal govt. intrusion. Need I go on?

On a side note I have seen a lot of arrogant posts on this sight but this one takes the cake on both arrogance and the most politely I have ever been told I am stupid.

Also FYI just because you preface it with no offense doesn't mean you can come out and basically call all of us poor neanderthals stupid.

Signed BBA in marketing from TTU, not all of us hillbillies on here are uneducated. Besides there are more formally educated idiots running around at this point than there has ever been in the last hundred years. It is amazing how many people come out of college thinking they know it all and amazing how many come on a public forum to tell others all about it.

Great response signed Assoc. degree from TSTI Sweetwater 1987.
                        But some of the smartest/wisest and most successful hillbillies that I know have NO degree at all..
                        But some of the most ignorant that I know do.. Go figure..
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 12-21-2017, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Obama spent pretty much his entire 8 years in office blaming Bush.

Now that Trump is in office and the economy is doing well, the media wants us to believe it is left over Obama policies.

I mean yea, the we had some economic growth but how much debt did we add? The devil is in the details.

Comment

Working...
                          X