• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charles View Post
    i can see it working if you have it wired to 120v
    lol

Comment

Lol! Well, if the coons do make it up the slinky, they may be too tired to turn the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
        These will cost $60-$65 by the time you have them shipped, but they'll save you 1-2 bags of corn a month, multiple extra trips to fill feeders, and wasted hunts only to find out your feeder is empty. Plus, they don't jam like fancy spinner plates....

They mount in a couple of minutes with 6 screws and a Dewalt drill. Pay the man once, and be done with it...
        I have these on almost all the feeders and they don't completely solve the problems. I don't know if we had coons with extra long arms but they still could reach the spinner plates. I'll find some pictures with about 3 coons on the varmint guard and a bunch under the feeder. When I added the eliminator to the setup this past year it made it almost coon proof. Still put out the coon traps but don't catch near as many coons anymore.

Comment

My New Coon Guards are In!!!!!

Heck I'm amazed you didn't somehow get them stretched, kinked, and twisted on themselves during the installation. Nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmmm....Go Frogs!

Comment

I use PVC sleeves over the legs attached to a spring. it works great, but nothing is full proof. What I need more is a mouse trap (bucket with a spinner) for squirrels.

Comment

So, I'm curious ... how did you get them on?
                Wrap one coil at a time or take the legs off and slip the whole slinky over the detached leg?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  Wrap one coil at a time or take the legs off and slip the whole slinky over the detached leg?
                  It's Mongo, he filled the feeder, then just picked it up and had his wife put them on each leg, duh.

Comment

Since it looks like that is a brand new setup, my bet is he put them on before he put any corn in it.

Comment

Probably just tilt the feeder on two legs and slip them on, one at a time.

Comment

I put one on my bird feeder for squirrels. It works great!

Not sure how they will work on angled legs for heavier coons. Keep us posted!

Comment

Thanks skinny. Now I've got a mid-late 1960's Slinky jingle stuck in my head.

"A Slinky, a Slinky,
                          everyone's fa-vor-ite toy.
                          A Slinky, a Slinky,
                          wanted by every girl and boy.
                          Everyone wants a Slinky.
                          Everyone wants a Slinky."

Comment

We have a guy locally selling these. Have had a few requests for them but not sold on the idea yet.

The answer to a very costly problem for feeder owners everywhere, unwanted corn spill. The design of THE ELLIMINATOR uses a spring loaded spinner plate to close off the feeder funnel when not in use but when the motor is powered on, the inertia created by

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Thanks skinny. Now I've got a mid-late 1960's Slinky jingle stuck in my head.

"A Slinky, a Slinky,
                              everyone's fa-vor-ite toy.
                              A Slinky, a Slinky,
                              wanted by every girl and boy.
                              Everyone wants a Slinky.
                              Everyone wants a Slinky."

Thanks...Now I have that jingle stuck in my mind

Ah...the good old days.

Comment

I'm headed to Walmart to pick up some coon deterrents

Slinky's. I will install them and put a trail camera on video mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X