• Time
  • Show
Clear All

mew ranch

any opinions on the place

website?

Comment

Comment

I hunted there a few years ago.The guy that owns it is a good guy but there was NO animals. We had the hole ranch (12) of us and only saw 2 or 3 does. The people around him had put up high fences and it killed his hunting. I really liked Bill but with the fences there was just no animals. Good luck

Comment

There are NO critters on the place. Had the entire ranch to myself for 4 days and never saw a decent buck. It is shot out.

Comment

appreciate the info

Comment

Just didnt want to see you waste yer $.

There are a LOT of much better options out there!

Comment

thanks

Comment

Went on a recent hunt in jan 2009 saw only cardinals sat entire day in stand. No one that went on the hunt 9 people total ever got a shot off. Ken he showed up late: in the morning, afternoon and evening pickup (surprised he even bothered to pick us up and was drunk when he did). He told us his kid works for Cabelas could be why he has gotten a good review with Cabeles001. If you like stories he has plenty of them and if you decide to give him your money that's all your going to get from him or the hunt. Wish I would have seen this thread before hand.

Comment

Birds on the Mew Ranch

When you were at the Mew Ranch in Jan 2009 did you see any quail. The owner says he has lots of birds/
                    Thanks
                    Chato

Comment

I always seem to get kicked in the teeth if I give a review like these!

Nonetheless, thanks for the heads up from those of you that have been there.

Comment

Well thats because your teeth are pretty reachable TT!!

In all honesty, that was the absolute worst day lease experience I ever had. Had the whole place to myself and saw a doe and fawn (once at about 80 yards) over 4 days. No pigs, no deer, etc.
                        Then he tried to cut me a 1/2 price extra day if I wanted to stay and hunt another day. Told him I wouldnt stay another day if it was free. That place is a joke.

Comment

Berry funny, Mac, berry funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            I always seem to get kicked in the teeth if I give a review like these!

Nonetheless, thanks for the heads up from those of you that have been there.

I for one have no problem with bowhunters telling the facts about thier experiences on day leases. People should speak up. Plus, it makes this website so much more fun.

Comment

I advise not to go, ive been, we spent 4 days there, we saw plenty of does and spikes, which he wouldnt allow to be shot, look at the website, my dads holding a bobcat in it hanging by its leg, hate the fact that we helped advertising for him, since i think its strinctly a money mkaing place based on lies,when we went a few of the feders(that he feeds year round were empty) he send his ranchhand to put a coffee can full of corn in each of them to run until we were gone, we did bring our own corn and spread on the road,no one saw anything worht shooting, no 4's, 6's, 8's nothing.... i shot a javalina which was fun. the guy has all kinds of racks in his house including a rhino and all other stuff, cool place but i wouldnt pay to hunt it, its shot out

Comment

Working...
                              X