"Why do we need assault weapons?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    I don't know what weapon can't be classified as an assault weapon.
    So the easy answer is, for protection, for hunting , for sport, and for entertainment.
    Next question.

^^^^ This!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
      Founding fathers would have insisted on WE THE PEOPLE have free access to the same weapons the government has...probably not nukes but ground defense weapons.
      take away our AR 15 it won't stop there....by the end we will BB guns.
      This

Comment

You need new friends buddy, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
          I think you bring up a very interesting point. When I worked behing the firearms counter at Cabela's when I was in college, I was kind of scratching my head "why anyone really needs this .50 BMG". All in all, I think a firearm is a firearm and a Murderer is a Murderer. Guns don't kill people..... people kill people.
          Logic does not work with government.

Comment

Why not ban any vehicle that is faster than the speed limit?

Why not ban long butcher knives?

Why not ban the ability to "Supersize" your fast food order?

These all make just as much sense as banning large capacity magazines.

So it's acceptable to just kill ONE person at a time using a singleshot but not if you are using an AR????

THE CRIMINAL ACT OF TAKING A LIFE IS WHAT IS WRONG, NOT THE INSTRUMENT AN EVIL PERSON USES TO ACCOMPLISH THE ACT.

Help me remember, HOW MANY FIREARMS did the 9/11 attackers use?

As I recall..............NONE!!!! And those MUSLIM *********x'ers killed over 3,000 PEOPLE!!!!! Don't fall into the "Lets just ban this ugly gun because it looks bad" trap.

Comment

Wow. Some people really need to think things through more before speaking. Next it will be take away bows and crossbows cuz they are a silent killer... All I gotta say is pull your jeans up cuz the poop is really gettin deep!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuntinfishn View Post
                A deer rifle can shoot folks from longer distances than the common ar-15 carbines.
                Then they will want to ban those "sniper" rifles. I mean why do you need to shoot something so far away?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                  We shouldn't outlaw civilian possession of firearms in general, only those styles which can injure many people at one time."
                  That's what the government would like, so we can't resist as effectively.

In the right hands, a hand full of spoons and butter knives can injure many people, just like a seriously foggy morning and a slippery road. Should we, then, ban spoons, butter knives, and bad weather?

Comment

Because the framers of the Constitution were wise enough to recognize that citizens need to be able to do more than hunt and/or shoot recreationally. We need to be able to do more than defend ourselves against criminals, thieves, and attackers. We need to be able to defend ourselves against an oppressive and over-reaching government.....

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Comment

We shouldn't outlaw civilian possession of firearms in general, only those styles which can injure many people at one time."

The last sentence concerns me. What would you say?
                      The answer is, you cant "Outlaw" any guns and make it work. Bad guys WILL still get them.
                      Cocaine is outlawed, but there is still plenty of that around.

Outlawing high capacity magazines wont work either. There are too many out in the world already.

Comment

Anything could be used as an assault weapon look at David and goliath one little rock is all it takes I have an ar15 I didn't buy it to harm any one just to have fun with and kill pigs and stuff I heard the other day that the biggest army in the world is the American hunters lol all I have to say on this post

Comment

A politically neutral friend of mine is posting on facebook asking why American civilians need assault rifles, and suggesting that they be banned. What would you say?
                          I would tell him that we are not friends.... THat when he needed to protect his family he was on his own... and to go "Letter after E before G" himself...

Then move on. I dont associate with the enemy... you aint gonna change his mind... and he aint getting my guns... sooooooooooo

Comment

Might as well ask why someone needs a car that can go 160 mph when 70 is the speed limit. Or why do you need a compound bow when a traditional bow can do the same thing.

My bottom line is this, when someone like the guy in Colorado decides he wants to do what he did, then no government law or ban is going to stop him. If it wasn't an AR15 then it would have been something else and the end results would be the same. He had the knowledge and the means to make all kinds of ied's that probably could have been worse.

In my opinion the only real deterrent is armed citizens who will react when they find themselves in those types of situations. It ain't much but it's a hell of a lot more than some "make me feel safe" ban on something that will only serve to disarm the ones that don't need disarming.

Comment

Woohoo!!! Pad party.........

Comment

This guy was going to kill people no matter what he used, look at what he did with his apt. If he did not have access to guns, then it looked like he would have devised bombs and or a chemical that would have just killed the same number or even more in the theatre.

You give the anti gun crowd an inch, they will want a mile.

Comment

Working...
                                X