I agree with Chuck Schumer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    Nothing like the drugs argument....to shine the light on those self-proclaimed "constitutional conservatives".......who only believe in states rights when it is something they are in favor of.

Exactly. Hopefully one day we’ll get to a point where we can just let people be accountable for their own actions. I’m not holding my breath though.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
      Exactly. Hopefully one day we’ll get to a point where we can just let people be accountable for their own actions. I’m not holding my breath though.
      Yup, not enough money to be made in personal accountability

Comment

I would like it legalized such that I could add a plant or two to my urban garden next to the jalapenos and enjoy it on the weekends. However, I've no confidence that America as a whole could reasonably handle it, especially youth and the rural pillbilly and urban indigent populations.

That said, cannabis and homo sapiens have a long and fascinating history together. Scientists have deduced that cannabis first evolved as far back as 30+ million years ago in Asia and that it was discovered by early humans who migrated out of Africa. North America was it's final destination in it's trip around the world. It took about 12,000 years to get here from the earliest signs of its cultivation in Asia.

And get this - cannabis is genetically related to hops. Weed and beer are relatives!

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
          I would like it legalized such that I could add a plant or two to my urban garden next to the jalapenos and enjoy it on the weekends. However, I've no confidence that America as a whole could reasonably handle it, especially youth and the rural pillbilly and urban indigent populations.

That said, cannabis and homo sapiens have a long and fascinating history together. Scientists have deduced that cannabis first evolved as far back as 30+ million years ago in Asia and that it was discovered by early humans who migrated out of Africa. North America was it's final destination in it's trip around the world. It took about 12,000 years to get here from the earliest signs of its cultivation in Asia.

And get this - cannabis is genetically related to hops. Weed and beer are relatives!
          LOL. Never heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
            I really feel for you if you need drugs and or alcohol to make it through your daily life.
            Who said anything about needing.

Do you need to post on a site to make it thru the day?

Comment

... It took about 12,000 years to get here from the earliest signs of its cultivation in Asia.

See how lazy and lethargic it makes you

Comment

Who cares. Legislating morality is wrong; depriving people of freedoms is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                  So are poppys, psilocybin mushrooms, and coca leaves just to name a few. Doesnt make it a good idea. I disagree with legalization.

In all of their natural forms, as the Creator made them, they should be legal. If used properly and not abused all can produce positive results. The same can be said about food, when consumed properly in moderation it is very beneficial and a necessity for life. When abused it causes all kinds of problems up to and including death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hahahaha

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                    If you are curious here is a link that will take you to other links of medical, scientific, and psychological periodicals/studies.

http://norml.org/marijuana/fact-sheets
                    Marijuana “Fact Sheet” published by NORML (National Organization to Reform Marijuana Laws)!! Of course it is scientific and unbiased. Just like:

“Abortion: It is your RIGHT!” published by Planned Parenthood

Or perhaps:

“Having a child lover” published by NAMBLA (North American Man/Boy Love Association”

Your STELLAR example of why mj should be legalized SUCKS. I have at least a dozen family members and close friends that smoke it regularly. All of them have a broken “give-a-shi&&er”. I have never met a truly intelligent person that smokes it regularly. You have your examples and I have mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                      Marijuana “Fact Sheet” published by NORML (National Organization to Reform Marijuana Laws)!! Of course it is scientific and unbiased. Just like:

“Abortion: It is your RIGHT!” published by Planned Parenthood

Or perhaps:

“Having a child lover” published by NAMBLA (North American Man/Boy Love Association”

Your STELLAR example of why mj should be legalized SUCKS. I have at least a dozen family members and close friends that smoke it regularly. All of them have a broken “give-a-shi&&er”. I have never met a truly intelligent person that smokes it regularly. You have your examples and I have mine.
                      If you were intelligent enough to open the link you would see that there are citations for all cases. Its all third party; not NORML publications. What was that about intelligence again? Think real hard this time; I know it hurts but give it a shot The irony lol.

Seriously, Ill wait for you to go take a look and come back and you can tell us all about how "intelligent" you are. LMAO.

Your example only proves to me intelligence is genetic, hence your family members. LOL
                      Last edited by Ætheling; 05-21-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I could go on but............

Mitigation of post-traumatic stress symptoms by cannabis resin: A review of the clinical and neurobiological evidence, Drug Testing and Analysis, 2012

PTSD symptom reports of patients evaluated for the New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program, Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 2014

National Academy of Sciences, The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids, January 2017

The American Legion, Survey shows veteran households support research of medical cannabis, 2017

Association of cannabis with cognitive functioning in adolescents and young adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis, JAMA Psychiatry, 2018

Associations between adolescent cannabis use and neuropsychological decline: A longitudinal co-twin control study, Addiction, 2018

Impact of adolescent marijuana use on intelligence: Results from two longitudinal twin studies, Proceedings of the National Academies of Sciences, 2016

Are IQ and educational outcomes in teenagers related to their cannabis use? A prospective cohort study, Journal of Psychopharmacology, 2016Are IQ and educational outcomes in teenagers related to their cannabis use? A prospective cohort study, Journal of Psychopharmacology, 2016

Comment

Lol

If you were intelligent enough to open the link you would see that there are citations for all cases. Its all third party; not NORML publications. What was that about intelligence again? Think real hard this time; I know it hurts but give it a shot The irony lol.

Seriously, Ill wait for you to go take a look and come back and you can tell us all about how "intelligent" you are. LMAO.

Your example only proves to me intelligence is genetic, hence your family members. LOL
                          Sorry it took me so long to reply but working midnight to noon offshore in South America. Rereading the attachment now

Comment

Ok, I skimmed thru the articles that you reference

All the sources support legalization of mj. THAT is why I said your example sucks. Pick a topic and any of us can find positive internet articles for that topic. Where are the unbiased articles in NORML publications? There are none listed because THEY would undermine NORMLs reason for existing.

Same with the two scumbag organizations that I listed in my sarcastic example. Planned Parenthood and NAMBLA exist to further their goals. Neither of which I support. I understand that you want weed to be legal. I feel differently due to my own observations over the past 63 years. When did I insult your intelligence? When did I disparage your family members? Do you feel more superior after insulting my family?

It’s OK because I know you are passionate about the issue. And you are behind a keyboard in North America and I am in South America for 3 more weeks. But let’s both keep this dialogue civil, OK? Carry on.

Comment

Wow. Looks like my last post just about killed this topic. Didn’t mean for it to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                                Wow. Looks like my last post just about killed this topic. Didn’t mean for it to do that.

Fair enough. You swung I swung its over. I actually went back to delete it but was past whatever time frame is allowed for that. A truce it shall be [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X