Trigger Tech review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Tech review

I met the Trigger Tech folks at the NRA convention in Dallas. They were very nice folks and took time to explain their product design. I was very impressed with the operatation without sliding friction. The departure from sliding friction was pretty slick, I thought. Then I tested their entire line at the show. I was super impressed. What a feel, clear crisp and zero creep.

Did a bit of online research and confirmed their statement that many long range competitive shooters are running their triggers so I headed back to their booth before leaving and I ended up picking up a Diamond series for my R 700 platform 7 Mag. After shooting it I am very glad I did.

I have a Timmney and a Jewel. I have one more R 700 that needs a trigger and will be going with another Trigger Tech Diamond.

May try one of their AR triggers next.

The Diamonds are awesome.

Comment

Yep, this might cause a stir but I like it better than my Jewel and the Timmney isn't even close.

Comment

Trigger Techs are good. Time will tell if they hold up well to use and abuse. Still love my Jewel and Calvin Elite.

Comment

Have two of the special line. They’re great

Comment

Good to hear. APR is putting these in the rest of the TBH builds.

Comment

I can’t imagine it being better than my Jewell triggers.

Likely not enough that I could tell and make me change anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

My sentiments also...Is it good enough to justify swapping out 7 Calvin Elites for it

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Don't try one then

Comment

I will say that if the trigger is adjusted over a pound, you probably wont notice an improvement over a Jewell. If you are on the lower end from 4-8oz, there is a noticeable difference between a Jewell and a TT Diamond. Bix-n-Andy's are also better on the lighter settings.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                      Good to hear. APR is putting these in the rest of the TBH builds.
                      Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                        Really?
                        Robert put that in an update on the builds that they were having problems with the Timneys short striking on the Curtis actions. Don’t remember if it was long and short actions, or one or the other.

Comment

Ran a diamond pro curve in NM in the NF 2 rifle precision match this weekend. TT is awesome. Ran through fine dust on everything and gave a crisp no creep break set at 13 oz. Take it as you may, but a lot of guys out running these triggers in matches are doing great with them.

Comment

Last summer I was talking to the folks at Defiance. They told me Trigger Tech is all they run now.

Comment

They are awesome triggers and WAY less picky than a jewel when it comes to grit/dirt... Exsternally adjustable with just an Allen wrenches... Really like then

Comment

Working...
                              X