Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Trey!

Comment

Outstanding Trey!! First bow buck at 10 - WOW!!

Congrats again young man. With a name like Trey - you were born to be a deer slayer! Having JT as a dad certainly does hurt either. Very proud of you both.

Comment

congrats, great write up and great harvest

Comment

I thought in Texas you have to draw 40# bow to legally hunt big game. Nice deer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mas View Post
            I thought in Texas you have to draw 40# bow to legally hunt big game. Nice deer though.

no sir- that was the law up till a couple years ago.... Last season he shot a doe and had a complete pass through double lung shot with 30 pounds. As a responsible father and hunter....his shots are limited to under 15 yrds, he has practiced a lot and can drill 3d deer out to 35 yrds everytime in the heart....buck fever just got to him a little. He also waits for broadsided and or preferably quartering away shots and stay away from shoulder. He shoots when I say now and then only while Im with him.

I was worried about poundage when the law changed but with his doe last year and this buck.... he blew right through them. The arrow was burried to the fletchings on this deer and the arrow pulled through at the wood line.

Here is his doe last year, arrow passed through so fast and was laying on the ground behind deer just like mine do at 70lbs. I do agree shot placement as key

Trey is 2 for 2 with his bow- has only shot at 2 deer and has killed them both...more than I can say for myself. I didnt have anyone teaching me and sitting with me to help limit my shots and calm me

Last edited by Howard; 12-02-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Congratulations on those fine deer Trey!

Comment

Congrats Trey...grinning ear to ear.

Comment

"CONGRATS"Nice write up and congrats again!

Comment

Congrats Trey... Proud for you Bud!!!

JT, way to go sir, Congrats to you as well!!! I look forward to a thread like this for my sons when they get old enough to stick something!!!

Comment

Good Job

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats little guy!!!

Comment

Congratulations and what a great story. You wrote it very well! good job on your first bow buck!

Comment

Congrats on your first bow buck! Great writeup and nice pics too!

Comment

Congrats !

Comment

Way to go, TREY!
                                And thank you so much for sharing! This is what TBH is all about!

Comment

Working...
                                X