No announcement yet.

F250 Diesel "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do your research, I have had this problem. It "will" void your warranty if you remove the dpf filter and it is noticed by the dealership. This is straight from the dealer that I use. They are watching this closely. I have an '08 and average 12 mpg, but I also have 35" tires on it.

I'm waiting for the warranty to expire and then I will chip my truck. But do alot of research there are some that aren't working as well as others. I'm going to put a Spartan on mine. Their R&D is all on Ford's.

J.Shoot

Comment

Some good news here. When I bought the 09, I thought it was suppose to be an improvement in mileage. It does run a lot better than the 6.0 and it's quieter, but the mileage stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Shoot View Post
        Do your research, I have had this problem. It "will" void your warranty if you remove the dpf filter and it is noticed by the dealership. This is straight from the dealer that I use. They are watching this closely. I have an '08 and average 12 mpg, but I also have 35" tires on it.

I'm waiting for the warranty to expire and then I will chip my truck. But do alot of research there are some that aren't working as well as others. I'm going to put a Spartan on mine. Their R&D is all on Ford's.

J.Shoot
        Same here J. I am running 325/60R20 Nitto TerraGrapplers and I am getting 12.5 mpg, AND I use a cetane additive. I asked my local dealer about taking the dpf filter off and was told it will void the entire warranty. So I figure I'll just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Shoot View Post

J.Shoot
          check the Magnuson-Moss warranty act..Says they cannot void warranty unless the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed..Means that if you change your exhaust and your A/C goes out thay still have to cover that under warranty..if you change the exhaust only the exhaust will not be covered..If you add power then powertrain warranty is not covered...If your dealer wont fix your radio or A/C cause you changed the exhaust then find another dealer or fight it; that is against the law..

Comment

Your truck does use more fuel when in "regen mode" On my 2009 & 2010 the mileage sucks

Comment

Originally posted by SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN View Post
              check the Magnuson-Moss warranty act..Says they cannot void warranty unless the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed..Means that if you change your exhaust and your A/C goes out thay still have to cover that under warranty..if you change the exhaust only the exhaust will not be covered..If you add power then powertrain warranty is not covered...If your dealer wont fix your radio or A/C cause you changed the exhaust then find another dealer or fight it; that is against the law..
              Good info Sage. I'm gonna have to look into that. Thanks

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Fords diesel have never been known for getting the best fuel mileage and with the new fuel it only gets worse. Try diesel clean. It comes in a grey bottle and will give you about 2 more mpg. Also it helps keep you fuel system lubed up. And if you can afford it put a programer on it and new exhaust and a K&N.

Comment

like drew said...a dpf delete kit...done around 75 or so of em and have yet to have anyone not love it....

Comment

My buddies 08 F350 does it all the time. My 08 F250 hasnt done it once... who knows

Comment

Originally posted by Blast-n-cast View Post
                        lots of good info about your truck and mine on the diesel stop forum. I have been a member over there since I got my 7.3 and any time I have had an issue I posted up and got tons of responses many times with a DIY write up. It has really helped me out. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/
                        x2 for a great website. If you have the tools and time to do the repair, you can learn how to do ANY repair with the knowledge you can learn from this website.
                        Kind of like this website is for bowhunting.

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
                        Fords diesel have never been known for getting the best fuel mileage and with the new fuel it only gets worse. Try diesel clean. It comes in a grey bottle and will give you about 2 more mpg. Also it helps keep you fuel system lubed up. And if you can afford it put a programer on it and new exhaust and a K&N.
                        Many will tell you a K&N air filter is not recommended for turbo diesel engines.

Comment

Better have more money than the manufacturer for a lawyer. It 's not fair but they will win on this. You are making it non emmisions compliant. I know they don't test for emmisions on diesel's in Texas yet but it is a federal regulation. I'm an avid diesel owner, have been for years, & I know all the tricks. But you have to pay to play on this one. I got rid of my DPF & added a Smarty jr on my '08 CTD & the fuel mileage went up about 5 mpg's!

Comment

It's no big secret that the Ford Diesel gets the worst fuel economy out of all of them. The Ultra low sulphur diesel has created a drop as well but that is about what an automatic Ford Diesel is going to get. The old 7.3l did better but they are hard to find.

The Magnuson vs. Moss act states that anything you change to make the vehicle more efficient that that does not void the warranty. That is not word for word but close enough. Not many people know about the Magnuson vs. Moss act even alot of dealership employee's. If the engine fails they have to warranty it, it will be a fight but the burden of proof is on the manufacturer and they have to prove that what you did to the vehicle is the direct cause to the failure. Doing so takes money, and R&D not to mention lawyers and if you lose court costs so alot of the time if you fight and don't back down it is cheaper for them to warranty it.

Next time get a "GOAT." Just kidding but the Dodge is king when it comes to diesel and Cummins is where it is at.

Comment

you have the money to stay in court and fight the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed part of the warranty act.

First hand knowledge that if you do ANY aftermarket they will attempt to point the upgrade to the failure.

I like everyone else would recommend waiting until the bumper to bumper goes out then chip it. I did that with my 6.0.

This is part of my dilema wait for the 2011 Ford Diesels or go with this crappy milage 6.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Blast-n-cast View Post
                                lots of good info about your truck and mine on the diesel stop forum. I have been a member over there since I got my 7.3 and any time I have had an issue I posted up and got tons of responses many times with a DIY write up. It has really helped me out. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/
                                x2 this is a great sight. Thanks for that info. I have a 09 350 King and the light comes on justine yours. But u
                                I woul not complain to much because your is ferti g better mpg than mine is. Great truck though!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X