Lightly used mom-mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightly used mom-mobile

Getting ready to buy my wife a new(to her) SUV in the next couple of months. My requirements are 4x4, bucket seats in 2nd row, and reliable. Her requirements are a radio and that it drives forwards and backwards. She’s currently in a 2011 Expedition and I hate the vehicle. The ride is way too spongy and bouncy and the steering is sensitive to a fault. I’m trying to decide if a Toyota Sequoia or a Tahoe/ Suburban. Any input on reliability of one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of those two I’d go Tahoe things are slick real slick with bigger tires and leveling kit

Comment

Sequoia. Toyota reliability and resale value

Comment

Any input from anyone else? I know plenty of you have SUV-driving soccer moms living in your house.

Comment

My wife has a 2017 Tahoe z71 with 4” lift and 34’s on rockstar rims, that she absolutely loves.

Comment

My wife loves Tahoe’s, but I’m a Toyota man! Either one would be good, but hard to beat the reliability of a Toyota.

Comment

GM dominates the SUV market. There is a reason. Toyota? Lol. Um, no.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyota if you were looking at a land cruiser , but I would pick a GM product over a sequoia

Comment

I’m on my third Tahoe. 199K and running great. Looking for another.
                  following.

Big pig

Comment

Only knock on Toyota is creature comfort for me, interior is certainly not going to stand up to a Denali or similar. Though the reliability is unquestionable.

Comment

I think the odds are best going with Toyota. But, GM stuff is nothing to sneeze at either.

Comment

Mrs Artos is a GM fan...99 Tahoe, 05 Suburban & 15 Tahoe.

Hoping she chooses the RST model whenever the next go comes around.

Comment

Sit in a Sequoia before considering them. My mom drives a 16’ Platinum, and I can’t stand to drive it. I’m only 6’0”, and it feels like I’m sitting with the steering wheel to my chest. I couldn’t imagine how uncomfortable it would be to drive it if I was any taller. It’s a great vehicle other than that though.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            Sit in a Sequoia before considering them. My mom drives a 16’ Platinum, and I can’t stand to drive it. I’m only 6’0”, and it feels like I’m sitting with the steering wheel to my chest. I couldn’t imagine how uncomfortable it would be to drive it if I was any taller. It’s a great vehicle other than that though.

Luckily, we’re both about 5’9”. [emoji16]

I’ve had a lot of folks recommend a Honda Pilot too, I just don’t know if I can talk her into something mid-size.

We need to spend a weekend window shopping in the next couple of weeks I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ivanblock View Post
                              Sequoia. Toyota reliability and resale value

For sure. Get on CARMAX and compare prices of used ones and you’ll quickly see the Toyota value holding better I’d bet.

Comment

Working...
                              X