bow advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bow advice

Enjoyed reading the thread about the smoothest drawing bow, so I thought Id see what everyone suggests for this scenario.
    Here is what I'm looking for in my next bow:
    ATA = 33"-35"
    Smooth draw
    30.5" DL
    60lb DW
    Decent speed.

Ive had both shoulders worked on so 58-60 lbs and a smooth draw cycle are required. I don't like the string angle of the short bows and a 30.5" DL almost requires a 33+" bow.
    So, what models fit these specs? I'm willing to try them all.

Try an Elite Tempo

Comment

Athens or original strothers

Comment

If you want to try mine, shoot me a pm, we r not far away from each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Try an Elite Tempo

This^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Try an Elite Tempo
            thanks. I almost sent this as a PM to you since I know you deal with a lot of bows. Ill be sure to give it a try.

Comment

When I was last at CCR, I shot a whole bunch and was pleasantly surprised with Prime.
              Looks like they fit your bill. It was the smoothest, IMO, of all the bows I shot.

J

Comment

pse decree hd.....

Comment

Mathews Chill R. Very smooth and excellent speed and accuracy.

Comment

Take the day off and head up to CCR. Take your release and your hunting arrows. Give them your parameters and tell them you would like to shoot multiple bows that met your criteria. BTW, don't be a Brand shooter. Shoot them all without knowing the brand that's in your hand. Good luck

Comment

If you are looking at going the used route, I'd add a Hoyt Nitrum 34 to your list.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                        Take the day off and head up to CCR. Take your release and your hunting arrows. Give them your parameters and tell them you would like to shoot multiple bows that met your criteria. BTW, don't be a Brand shooter. Shoot them all without knowing the brand that's in your hand. Good luck
                        Best advice so far!

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                          Best advice so far!
                          That's what I did with my last bow. Went to CCR and had my choices down to 4 bows. I stood about six feet away from the target, closed my eyes and had them hand me a bow and shot with my eyes closed. Very happy with my choice that way.

Comment

PSE React with smooth mods. I shot one recently and was very impressed. It has the same cam system as the Evolve with a few bells and whistles removed and also a couple $100 removed from the price tag. The ATA is 33" and change. Great shooting bow

Comment

Working...
                            X