Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any lawyers on here licensed in AZ?

I have one of the most bogus cases on my plate
    Truck was stolen Aug 2014 while I was out of town on business, truck was recovered in AZ in aug 2016, got served the day we were leaving for Christmas break...Guy that had the truck is suing me for 'insurance fraud' claiming I drove down to middle o' Mexico and sold him my truck.
    Looking for advice before I have to take PTO, buy a plane ticket, etc

That would ruin anyone's day! Sorry for your misfortune.

Comment

Holy smokes. That is a shame! Nothing here for you, but good luck getting it resolved.

Comment

Don't have anything but prayers to offer.

Curious though.. how is the guy (im assuming a victim of whoever stole it) suing you for insurance fraud...? Wouldn't that be a case being brought by your insurance company?

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
          I have one of the most bogus cases on my plate
          Truck was stolen Aug 2014 while I was out of town on business, truck was recovered in AZ in aug 2016, got served the day we were leaving for Christmas break...Guy that had the truck is suing me for 'insurance fraud' claiming I drove down to middle o' Mexico and sold him my truck.
          Looking for advice before I have to take PTO, buy a plane ticket, etc
          Should be easy to prove otherwise if you have proof you were somewhere else on business.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Don't have anything but prayers to offer.

Curious though.. how is the guy (im assuming a victim of whoever stole it) suing you for insurance fraud...? Wouldn't that be a case being brought by your insurance company?
            The thief is claiming he bought it from him in Mexico. Crappy deal.

Comment

Well there's a kick in the nuts for you. I would think this could be settled with your insurance company.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                Well there's a kick in the nuts for you. I would think this could be settled with your insurance company.
                USAA already did their due diligence and are not worried about me, they said there wasnt anything they could do for me though

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                Well there's a kick in the nuts for you.
                Ive had waaaaaaaay too many of these lately

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                  The thief is claiming he bought it from him in Mexico. Crappy deal.
                  ok..but thats still not insurance fraud ..thats theft..
                  insurance fraud is if his insurance company believes that individual and/or theres a police case indicating thats what happened...

not debating... just seems the thief (or the guy the theif sold it to in mexico) cant sue for insurance fraud..unless hes the insurance company...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    ok..but thats still not insurance fraud ..thats theft..
                    insurance fraud is if his insurance company believes that individual and/or theres a police case indicating thats what happened...

not debating... just seems the thief (or the guy the theif sold it to in mexico) cant sue for insurance fraud..unless hes the insurance company...
                    that makes sense to me but apparently you can

Comment

If you sold "him" the truck then he will have to product a receipt in some form. Either a written one or a title showing your signature I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                        that makes sense to me but apparently you can
                        I would find the meanest sumbitch lawyer you can, who will send them a letter making it clear that they will be sued back for abuse of process after this case is thrown out.

Comment

What a pain in the rear! Hope this clears up for you quickly and cheaply.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                            If you sold "him" the truck then he will have to product a receipt in some form. Either a written one or a title showing your signature I would think.
                            Yeah, where's the title?

Comment

Sss

Comment

Working...
                              X