Henry and LEVERevolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry and LEVERevolution

I tried Hornady’s LEVERevolution in my 336 and the gun didn’t like it. From what I can gather, the 336’s are split 50/50 on liking and not liking the ammo.

I’m considering a new Henry 30-30 or 45-70, and I’m wondering how it’ll shoot the LEVERevolution. Any experience positive or negative?

My .444 Marlin won't cycle the Leverevolution ammo either.

Comment

My 336 in .30-30 likes it fine.

Comment

No personal experience but I suspect a Henry will shoot the Leverevo bullets just fine. It is the micro-groove rifling on the Marlins that is the problem. The micro-groove barrels need more suface contact to engage the rifling and the leverevo bullet profile doesn't lend well to that. That is why "most" marlins shoot 170gr bullets better than the 150.

I've owned three marlin 30-30's only one shot the hornady ammo decent.

Older Marlins with the Ballard rifling or the newer model designed for the Hornady ammo shoot it well.

Comment

Both mine and my dads older marlins shoot it great. My buddies Henry shoots it well also.

Comment

I have a Henry 357Magnum and it cycles it fine!

Comment

My Marlin 336 in 30-30 likes the Leverevolition ok, but it's better with Federal Fusion

Comment

What kind of groups are yall getting?

Comment

My son has the Henry 30-30 and it shoots the Hornady Leverevolution awesome!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Federal Fusions have performed flawlessly in my Henry 308.

Comment

My 45-70 shoots it fine.

Comment

I shoot the bottom of the line Marlin 30AS in 30/30. 1980's mfg. It loves the lever revolution. Gives me just about 1" groups at 100yds. The 60's era 336 I have, likes the 150gr flatnose. I would imagine the modern Henry rifles to shoot the modern loads available, unless cowboy action calibers for lead bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            My .444 Marlin won't cycle the Leverevolution ammo either.
                            Dale. Where did you snag the trip 4? I have been looking for one for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              Dale. Where did you snag the trip 4? I have been looking for one for a while.

Euless Guns & Ammo ordered it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X