Trapping 2016 - 2017 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    I am getting snapped on #4 Sleepy Creek double long springs. I have a dozen of those, though, 2 #4 Duke 4 coil, 3 #3 older Victor LS and another older #4 LS, brand I don't remember.
    The only catch I've had was in Sleepy Creek.
    I do things different then alot of guys. If your after coyotes. Set the bait right behind the dog. I've been doing that. I'm hammering them now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
      How far away from the bait are you setting your trap?

I do things different then alot of guys. If your after coyotes. Set the bait right behind the dog. I've been doing that. I'm hammering them now

I'll try it. I've tried everything that people have suggested.
      The bait-to-pan distance got drilled into me by the Locklear vids; YouTube and dvd. He says "confused fox trappers set tight to the attractant".

Comment

Lol confused fox trappers that's funny. Well maybe I need to put mine further back then.

Comment

Lol confused fox trappers that's funny. Well maybe I need to put mine further back then.

Not if one uses the above posted pics as evidence.

Comment

Not if one uses the above posted pics as evidence.
            I used to set it further back an old government trapper showed me what I do now an it works

Comment

I used to set it further back an old government trapper showed me what I do now an it works

From what I gather, Clint Locklear learned primarily from Craig O'Gorman, and O'Gorman is uber successful at catching coyotes.
              I've studied O'Gorman, Locklear, Mark June, and J.C. Conner and have caught one coyote.
              And I have the coyotes there to catch.
              Mark June now lives right down the road from our place. He's in LaVernia and we're in Pleasanton. I'm cosidering asking him for on- site instruction, if he would do it.

Comment

He mite. That's funny about Pleasanton I'm sitting with a guy eating with a guy from there. Lol.
                I love to read ogormans stuff I bought his book. That's the good thing about trapping it's an individual thing to a certain point. Mark June is good as well.

Comment

From what I gather, Clint Locklear learned primarily from Craig O'Gorman, and O'Gorman is uber successful at catching coyotes.
                  I've studied O'Gorman, Locklear, Mark June, and J.C. Conner and have caught one coyote.
                  And I have the coyotes there to catch.
                  Mark June now lives right down the road from our place. He's in LaVernia and we're in Pleasanton. I'm cosidering asking him for on- site instruction, if he would do it.
                  What kinda sets are you making dirtholes?

Comment

Yeah, big dirt holes and little dirt holes and flat sets and compass sets and flat sets next to carcasses with no bait just lure to avoid catching a buzzard and that's about it.
                    Sorry I've been a New Year's party and not online.

Comment

Watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another male today.

Comment

need to get after the coyotes....but 4 coons and a possum in 1 night of Duke's

Comment

I've gotten two coons and a wild dog.

Last year was the first year I tried my hand at trapping. I connected on coons, opossum and skunks. Still haven't gotten a yote or a bobcat.

Heading to the lease tomorrow to run a small line till Monday. Think the cold will kill all the movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with right behind the dog. Coyotes walk up and smell things right in front of their feet. I have caught a few using that method.

Comment

Another one today. 2nd one for this set

Comment

Working...
                                X