The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
    I’m going solo on OTC in Colorado week of September 10 in San Juan NTL near Pagosa. Anyone else hunting that area
    I'll be in the area from the 8th-16th

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      There are units you can buy landowner tags for less than that.

Some good units for much less. Make sure you know what you are buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m trying Utah this year on a OTC tag, first time hunting out of state but I can’t wait for the experience, we will be hunting Wasatch Yellowstone. Has anyone hunted there?

Comment

thanks a ton guys!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            Has anyone received their Montana tags and license in the mail yet? It's about time to start looking for them
            Called them yesterday. Was told I would have my tags by the end of the week.

Comment

Who is hunting NM unit 15 2nd season this year?

Comment

Montana tags are in hand!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                  Who is hunting NM unit 15 2nd season this year?
                  Very lucky people.

Comment

The Elk Thread

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                    Montana tags are in hand!!

X2. Mine came yesterday. Is that yellow card the whole license? I still need to buy my archery tag, trying to track down a duplicate NBEF bowhunter ed course card. I could bring my 2017 CA deer tag- which says Zone A, archery and general season. I’m afraid there will be a line at Shedhorn in Ennis and the person behind the counter says “I’m sorry- that’s not an archery tag”. And the hunter behind me says “Next in line!”

The NBEF card would be the cleanest. So far I’ve contacted the fellow who gave the class, NBEF headquarters who sent me to a phone number at CA DFW with no reply and now the head of the NBEF state program- who did not find a record of my taking it in 2006. Glad I have time to work on it.

Comment

Top card is license, middle is tag to attach to elk. They said my 2017 deer tag wiill be ok.

Don’t forget to get the MT bow and arrow license for $10.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                        X2. Mine came yesterday. Is that yellow card the whole license? I still need to buy my archery tag, trying to track down a duplicate NBEF bowhunter ed course card. I could bring my 2017 CA deer tag- which says Zone A, archery and general season. I’m afraid there will be a line at Shedhorn in Ennis and the person behind the counter says “I’m sorry- that’s not an archery tag”. And the hunter behind me says “Next in line!”

The NBEF card would be the cleanest. So far I’ve contacted the fellow who gave the class, NBEF headquarters who sent me to a phone number at CA DFW with no reply and now the head of the NBEF state program- who did not find a record of my taking it in 2006. Glad I have time to work on it.

Another option is to go to a Fish and Wildlife office and fill out an affidavit stating you have bow hunted in a different state.

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                          Anyone live in New Braunfels?
                          Yep, sure do. Just south of town

Comment

Originally posted by dflo91 View Post
                            Do any of you guys know of any new mexico hunts for less than 6k for elk? Didn't get drawn but I still want to go badly.
                            I have access to some tags. Contact me and we can discuss.
                            Be Blessed!
                            Mark Harrington
                            325-276-1414
                            fulltimehunts@mail.com

Comment

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post
                              I’m trying Utah this year on a OTC tag, first time hunting out of state but I can’t wait for the experience, we will be hunting Wasatch Yellowstone. Has anyone hunted there?
                              I think I'm going to head up to Utah solo during rifle (still think I'm going to hunt with a bow) seaso in october. No clue where I'm going but doing research.
                              I'm hunting archery season in Colorado or I'd go earlier.

Comment

is it September yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X