This should teach him....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After spending the last several weekends building new net wire fence with two strands of barbed wire across the back of my dads place to keep his bull in, I have had enough and at my wits end..... I don’t understand why we always have to have a bull that won’t stay home. He has more then enough cows to keep him busy and hasn’t been in with them for long enough to breed all of them yet he can’t help himself to some strange....

Unfortunately this bull is a jumper and 5.5 foot of fence isn’t enough. Well, I’m not rebuilding, oh no.... just bought a solar powered fence charger. The biggest I could find. And although it will run 30 miles of fence, it will be pumping some heavy juice through 600 yards of fence. This just happens to be the fence that separates him and the fluzys across from him.... maybe it will hit him hard enough to take a little hide off his nose when he sticks his head into it...

Featuring the latest state-of-the-art solar panel with superior charging power the Magnum 12 Solar-Pak eliminates battery recharging, thereby saving you time and money. The sun's energy charges the fencer by day and a sealed 12 volt rechargeable battery powers the fencer at night. Battery included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be needing video of when he tests it out.

Comment

I hope he doesn't drag the boys when jumping it or your dad will need another bull to get the job done!

Comment

I’ll be sitting in the shade eating popcorn with the video ready to roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I hope he doesn't drag the boys when jumping it or your dad will need another bull to get the job done!

Damm him if he does. At that point he will need to go anyways.

Comment

My buddy has a fighter. He will go through multiple well made 52 inch fences to fight a bull 2 properties away.......
            He is gone soon...................

Comment

I’d be getting rid of that guy. Seems like once they start that up, they don’t ever stop.

Comment

Yep, would like to see the video also! Going to be some sparks flying! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  My buddy has a fighter. He will go through multiple well made 52 inch fences to fight a bull 2 properties away.......
                  He is gone soon...................

Yeah, I’m past tolerating that crap and my dad is too old to deal with it. In fact he’s in the hospital right now bc he got ran over by a 1500 pound brangus this morning. She came around the corner and he couldn’t get out of the way so he now has 4 broken ribs, two small hernias, and a partial collapse of his upper left lung: yeah, I’m over him dealing with stupid animals. Worse part is it wasn’t his cow. He was working cows with a friend of his and was at the wrong place at the wrong time and isn’t as fast getting out of the way as he used to be.

Comment

Make steaks out of them! Hope your Dad recovers well!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                      Yeah, I’m past tolerating that crap and my dad is too old to deal with it. In fact he’s in the hospital right now bc he got ran over by a 1500 pound brangus this morning. She came around the corner and he couldn’t get out of the way so he now has 4 broken ribs, two small hernias, and a partial collapse of his upper left lung: yeah, I’m over him dealing with stupid animals. Worse part is it wasn’t his cow. He was working cows with a friend of his and was at the wrong place at the wrong time and isn’t as fast getting out of the way as he used to be.

Yea my buddy is 73 and selling all his stock. Going to buy calfs and fatten them up and sell them. No more adults.........

Comment

I swear I’m going to grandpa on this one.... my grandfather had a way of getting his bull home when I was a kid. Took his cab-less tractor, a pocket full of shot shells, and a single shot 410. I swear it was a modern day rooster cogburn. He’d cuss, drive with one hand and empty a round across the bulls back with the other. Stop, reload, catch back up to the bull and repeat.... if the bull went into the thick stuff, he went in on his Appaloosa with rains in one hand and a 22 revolver in the other cussing and emptying the cylinder full of rat shot. Man it was a hoot as a kid bc I was in the middle of it.

Comment

When I was a kid Dad bought a nice looking cow from somebody that was tired of her I imagine. She was a fence walker. If she found a place she could get her head through, the body would follow. One Saturday he made me stay home and watch her to make sure she didn't break out. Of course I was pizzed because I had things to do. I opened an old Peters high brass shotgun shell and replaced the shot with ice cream salt, and I hid in the brush where she had gotten out last. When she stuck her head and one leg through, I put that load of salt in her chest from about 20 yards, then followed up with a load of 8s in her azz at about 30 yards. I had some fence to fix, but she never got out again. Her hind legs were stiff for a couple weeks, but I made out I didn't know why

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I swear I’m going to grandpa on this one.... my grandfather had a way of getting his bull home when I was a kid. Took his cab-less tractor, a pocket full of shot shells, and a single shot 410. I swear it was a modern day rooster cogburn. He’d cuss, drive with one hand and empty a round across the bulls back with the other. Stop, reload, catch back up to the bull and repeat.... if the bull went into the thick stuff, he went in on his Appaloosa with rains in one hand and a 22 revolver in the other cussing and emptying the cylinder full of rat shot. Man it was a hoot as a kid bc I was in the middle of it.

In his defense, that fence was never gonna hold a bull that wanted out.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad! Working cattle with the ole men is getting more dangerous for sure. My cousin and I try to do all the sorting, pushing, etc and let our dads work the chute and such. Not that working the chute is easy, it’s just takes the wild cow variable out of the equation.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                              X