Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    A lot of smart people who had stop loss orders on their Ethera got hammered back in June when a drop in value triggered their stop loss orders, turning them into market orders. Ethera dropped from $300+ down to $0.10 that day, as all those stop loss orders were getting filled. No circuit breakers in that market.
    They should've used a stop loss limit order with a limit sell that was below their stop trigger... this is my method for accounting for stop loss "slack". I use that technique on GDAX (which is down by the way @ 10:07 am) frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
      They should've used a stop loss limit order with a limit sell that was below their stop trigger... this is my method for accounting for stop loss "slack". I use that technique on GDAX (which is down by the way @ 10:07 am) frequently.

Comment

I just ran the last few posts through Google Translate and got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I just ran the last few posts through Google Translate and got nothing.
          That's weird. I got "W.T.F."

Comment

That was all geek speak for "I checked the box that said "RECOMMEND WHEN I SHOULD SELL"

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              A lot of smart people who had stop loss orders on their Ethera got hammered back in June when a drop in value triggered their stop loss orders, turning them into market orders. Ethera dropped from $300+ down to $0.10 that day, as all those stop loss orders were getting filled. No circuit breakers in that market.

Most was refunded by the broker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some sites now which state Bitcoin is our preferred mode of cash transactions.

I have real cash at one of these sites, and haven't as yet gone the Bitcoin route. However, my investment there has increased significantly over time, and I am now thinking of partitioning it between cash and Bitcoin.

Does this make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by AJ the TP Guru View Post
                  There are some sites now which state Bitcoin is our preferred mode of cash transactions.

I have real cash at one of these sites, and haven't as yet gone the Bitcoin route. However, my investment there has increased significantly over time, and I am now thinking of partitioning it between cash and Bitcoin.

Does this make sense?
                  nothing in this thread makes sense.

is it weird that a grown man (me) has no idea wth y'all are talking about with all this?

Comment

For all you new investors that are afraid of missing out, don't be. I'd get all your ducks in a row set up a coinbase account or GDAX account, get some cash in it, and wait for a good 30-40% correction then buy some BTC. Bitcoin corrects all the time and is extremely volatile. Buying anything at all time highs without extremely tight stop losses or babysitting is a bad move.

If you miss out on a 10-15% gain at the top who cares? You haven't lost money and you'll make even more when the big correction hits.

Be patient if it corrects below 9k you're getting into buy territory. I am hoping for drop to below 8k.

Comment

yeh ..where were you 74 posts ago...

Comment

Man I really wish I hadn't sold the 100btc I had in 2012 for $6 each. But I watched it go from $50 to .$01 in one day after GOX got hacked the first time. And to think I turned off my miners and sold them when I could no longer mine 1 btc per day... but even at 11k each there is still lots of potential. Btc will be 100k each in the next 20 years...

Don't write off Monero as well as Ether and Ripple. All the banks are hopping on the Ripple bandwagon. Monero and Ether can still be mined by normal people with GPUs.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Comment

we had a kid (20ish) interning here....had apparently bought low...and quit..(didnt even call in...just told some coworkers he wont be back) .apparently he made a fortune...
                          I was also around the scene when apple and yahoo were attainable.. but nnnnnnnnnnooooo, i thought chicks, cars, and computer **** were better investments at that time...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                            For all you new investors that are afraid of missing out, don't be. I'd get all your ducks in a row set up a coinbase account or GDAX account, get some cash in it, and wait for a good 30-40% correction then buy some BTC. Bitcoin corrects all the time and is extremely volatile. Buying anything at all time highs without extremely tight stop losses or babysitting is a bad move.

If you miss out on a 10-15% gain at the top who cares? You haven't lost money and you'll make even more when the big correction hits.

Be patient if it corrects below 9k you're getting into buy territory. I am hoping for drop to below 8k.
                            I'd be all over it if it dropped even close to 8K. I don't think that's gonna happen.

Comment

To the people investing now, how high do you see it going? Is there a price where you pull out?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                we had a kid (20ish) interning here....had apparently bought low...and quit..(didnt even call in...just told some coworkers he wont be back) .apparently he made a fortune...
                                I was also around the scene when apple and yahoo were attainable.. but nnnnnnnnnnooooo, i thought chicks, cars, and computer **** were better investments at that time...
                                I know of a kid who is an analyst at Fidelity. When American Airlines tanked he sold everything he owned, including his car, and went all in on options and sold them all for $1.6 million. He bought a Lamborghini and drives it to work as an analyst. ha ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X