Camp paint job (Army woodland camo) for truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp paint job (Army woodland camo) for truck

Anyone here have their truck painted old fashioned woodland military camo. Im talking about the large pattern 3 or 4 color shceme like all "Army" trucks, tanks, etc. used to be in the 70's and 80's. Im considering having my truck painted and would love to see pictures, get advice, and suggestions from those of you who know.

How much trouble
    Who can do it
    How does it look
    What would it cost.

thanks

several examples

Comment

One of my buddies as a military diesel blazer painted up like that. It's durable to say the least. I don't have pictures of it.

Comment

nice lambo!!!!

Comment

Getcha some spray paint and get after it.

Comment

I'm sure all paint and body shops can do it but I bet it's not cheap

Comment

Just remember : with woodland there is now right or wrong color pattern. Point and spray. Let us see it when your done.

Comment

I did an old Chevy truck when I was 17. Painted it all flat black, had some big pieces of cardboard box that I cut different shapes out of. Got some olive drab, and some brown paint, and started using the cut outs. Turned out pretty good... Sorry no pics, that was before the digital camera was invented....LOL..

Comment

That lambo is sweet!

Comment

Good thing about a DIY rattle can paint job, it doesn't take long to do, and you can do it for less than $100 bucks.

Comment

Remember, start with your lightest color and spray everything, then your next lightest and spray a little less, then the next lightest spraying less...ect until you get to your darkest color. Your darkest color should have the least amount of coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by pharmvet View Post
                        Anyone here have their truck painted old fashioned woodland military camo. Im talking about the large pattern 3 or 4 color shceme like all "Army" trucks, tanks, etc. used to be in the 70's and 80's. Im considering having my truck painted and would love to see pictures, get advice, and suggestions from those of you who know.

How much trouble not much, get a base color applied first, like OD green
                        Who can do it anyone who can use a spray can
                        How does it look good enough for a 2 star general
                        What would it cost. base coat would be the most expensive. Use a flat paint, nothing that could become shiny.

thanks
                        I did a camo job on an M60 tank once. It was painted OD green as the base. Using spray cans, I finished the work in a few hours. Only thing I complained about was holding down the nozzle with my index finger.

Comment

who ever did that lambo should be shot

Comment

Working...
                          X