DIY Scent Crusher Tote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Scent Crusher Tote

Been seeing the scent crusher totes and closets advertised but the price seemed too high for what you get. Saw an idea from Midwest Whitetails that I added to.

I took one of my wife's storage bins and added a 1x6 to the bottom to provide stability for installing a $2 shelf bracket as a way to hang my clothes. I ordered an ozone generator and used Velcro to secure the unit to the side of the tote. Drilled a hole and was ready to go.

Here's a link to the ozone generator on Amazon.

Yes Sir! I like it alot!!!

Comment

That's awesome! Great idea.

Comment

Does the box have to be sealed and airtight or do we need to leave a vent for air circulation?

Comment

been thinking about doing this, thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I have large pelican case (suit case size), that I am thinking about doing this to.

Comment

I put all my hunting clothes in a box with local dead vegetation, dirt, pine needles, etc. Never had an issue.

Comment

Nicely done! I love a well done DIY.

Comment

Heck of a deal there.

Comment

Great idea. How effective do y'all think ozone actually is at killing odor? Is this another gimmick or does it actually work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                      Great idea. How effective do y'all think ozone actually is at killing odor? Is this another gimmick or does it actually work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      It's a proven fact that ozone does effectively kill odor.

I have an Ozonics and while I think it helps a lot when used properly in the field, I think that using ozone to kill odor on clothes in a confined space is Way more effective.

Comment

I have thought about doing the same thing. My only concern is putting anything with rubber (ie boots) in it. Does anybody have experience with ozone breaking/weakening the rubber in their boots?

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                            I have thought about doing the same thing. My only concern is putting anything with rubber (ie boots) in it. Does anybody have experience with ozone breaking/weakening the rubber in their boots?

Bluedevil,

I've read about this some (just enough info to be dangerous) and believe that the ozone can have a negative impact on rubber. The thing I don't know is how much exposure (duration the boots are in with the ozone going) is required to have a negative effect. I've seen some examples where people are putting these in closets and putting all their gear in there (along with their bows) which is something I am not comfortable with.

My approach is to use it for short durations 30 minutes to an hour to get my clothes scent free before hitting the field.

If anyone has more info please jump in.

Comment

I was thinking of using a trashcan like this.

Just run a bar to hang your clothes on with hangers.

Mount the ozone machine on the side or on the lid.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X