No announcement yet.

Hurricane in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No expert here, but from what I've seen it seems like models want to keep a lot of moisture down south & focused on the coast. Still hoping to get a few inches here in Cypress though! It looks like rain chances are pretty good into mid next week.

The wave behind old 91L looks pretty vigorous today, and better than 91L ever did. Low level vorticity looks pretty good. Still don't get the vibe that it has a great chance of developing much though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

On the news this evening on KPRC ol' Frankie showed the bulk of the system going in between Corpus and Brownsville... That'd be perfect for our new property in Webb County... hopefully the rain makes it that far inland! We need a tank filler.

Comment

As of 9:00 am it is still headed to Houston.

Tropics are tricky. Old Invest 91 is still hanging around Mexico this AM and firing off some decent convection. Sunny vacation plans for some in Cancun have been in jeopardy. NHC still at a 10% chance as it is expected to head NW... with rains starting tomorrow and lasting through early week. Upper shear ahead is relaxing some so this could throw a small wrench in things. Lower shear is still strong from the SE with no clear circulation showing. Upper level low to the east spinning helping some (link below). Maybe still just a rainmaker but these weak systems with slow movements should be watched as you just never know in the tropics.

Comment

Wish I would have seen this sooner. Me and the Wife are headed to Galveston for our Anniversary tomorrow-Wednesday I don’t mind rain we can still relax and eat, but I don’t want to be in a hurricane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Firing up this morning 100 miles off Galveston, and what is forming over the Yucatan Peninsula? Another one. Now Mikes Weather page is talking about a next Thursday weather event for our coast.....

Comment

The 50% chance of rain on Houston went nowhere. This morning the 100% was supposed to start at 4am....then went to 80%.....so far nothing. Not a drop. Now the forecast has moved the rain to noon. I think the Wife and I will take a walk just in case it actually starts to rain. Sure could use it on my yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobh05 View Post
                Wish I would have seen this sooner. Me and the Wife are headed to Galveston for our Anniversary tomorrow-Wednesday I don’t mind rain we can still relax and eat, but I don’t want to be in a hurricane.

I am heading down there I a few hours and staying for the week. This won't be a hurricane but tonight and into Tuesday looks pretty messy with heavy rain and squally weather. Rain will linger for most of the week. I'm just hoping them trout will come int the lights at night with the Bay fixing to get rough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s rough here in Liverpool. 90 degrees and a slight breeze out by the pool. Wish we had a little rain though.

Comment

I guess the rain is coming...radar looks pretty non-eventful right now. Hardly showing any rain right now. I hope we get some, it’s dry

Comment

Local Mets really downplaying things. Guess it all depends where bands set up. That blob about 150 mi off Galveston looks to pack a punch

Comment

Raining in S. Houston last 45 minutes or so.............

Comment

What I watched this morning made it look pretty uneventful until Monday afternoon. Keeps moving further back which makes me question how much we'll actually get. Interested in whats setting up behind this system. Hope it comes through as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            Raining in S. Houston last 45 minutes or so.............
                            Just got here Johnny! Light drizzle but looks like more is coming. At least my sprinkler system can take a small break.

Comment

send to DeWitt county, need rain bad!!

Comment

Starting to get a little concerned with the trend in the euro rainfall projections. Has been showing some big totals, but keeps shifting up the coast. Absolutely hammers coastal bend area, and some pretty high totals up through SETX. Not sounding any alarms, but something to keep an eye on for sure. Through Thursday AM below..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X