• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that'll work

Comment

thatd' work

Comment

Originally posted by fordsuper08 View Post
        good start i bought a instant water heater from sportsman guide and it works great you hook it up to a water hose and propane tank and instant hot water i loved mine about 100 well spent

Did you buy the WX2-119693 model? if so I am happy to hear that you are pleased with it. Mine should be on my door step when i get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
          http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=667361

Did you buy the WX2-119693 model? if so I am happy to hear that you are pleased with it. Mine should be on my door step when i get home.
          Thats the one I have. it currently takes care of hot water at our cook shack kitchen sink. 3 years old at present and still going strong after a bit of JB weld to fix a leak. Make sure you drain it well if it will be out in freezing temps. I didn't so I got to patch a leak.

Comment

we have the model u mention, it works good if you get wet, then lather , then turn back on to rinse. You cant just stand there daydreaming you will get a dose of cold reality.

Comment

Originally posted by philafal View Post
              is that a pool filter in the background??
              No, its a pressure tank that supports several water spickets. This property was a hog farm, back in the day.

Comment

I made one similar to yours and used pex tubing in 1/2" I think it was 100' for $25.00 and used the pex quick connects from Lowes. I put a shower head on it with an on/off valve built into the shower head. Works great!!

Comment

ttt

Comment

I've built a couple of outdoor showers - used the bags you fill and leave out in the sun to warm, etc..

In the end I figured out it is easier to bath under an Army poncho with a plastic bucket of water, a wash rag, and a plastic cup to dip the water with.

If it's cold out I boil a pot of water on the stove or fire and pour it into the cold water in the bucket to warm it up.

It's easy to bath in about 3~4 gallons of water in a bucket.

The bathing under a poncho comes from being in the Army, and being a 60s surfer (rinsing the salt off before you change into clean dry clothes for the ride home)

Comment

All you need is a 2 gallon spray rig and you will have a pressurized shower for about 20 bucks. When you want a hot shower, you can boil about 1/2 gallon of water on a coleman stove and pour it in the tank and fill the rest with room temp. water. Works perfect for a shower. Once you try it, you will never use a solar shower again.

Comment

Ours started out as 4 tposts driven in the ground under an overhanging limb, wrapped on 3 sides with a tarp, and a pallet in the middle. We hung the bag showers from a hook screwed into the overhanging limb. It worked great when the weather was good and camp not too crowded.

It eventually evolved into THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Ours started out as 4 tposts driven in the ground under an overhanging limb, wrapped on 3 sides with a tarp, and a pallet in the middle. We hung the bag showers from a hook screwed into the overhanging limb. It worked great when the weather was good and camp not too crowded.

It eventually evolved into THIS!
                          Yea, you had the plan...I should have just built it the right way. But, I'm good during the warm season. And I'll just keep toting the TP where ever I go.

Comment

Here's what I use!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	babywipes.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	23950608

Comment

i use a stainless Coke canister with a vegtable sink sprayer attached.
                              just heat water in your turkey fryer, pump up with a 12 volt compressor, wash away the muck, go kill a buck!
                              tank holds 3 gallons with enough space to pump to 25-30 lbs. will let you wet down, and have plenty to rinse off.
                              ( you have to add a shreader valve to add the air) you can attach an air tank that will let you fill the tank full to 5 gallons if you like taking "long" showers.

Comment

Originally posted by rhouston View Post
                                Here's what I use!!!

[ATTACH]185783[/ATTACH]
                                ME TOO!!

Comment

Working...
                                X