Young barrel Racer tragically killed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    I see those all too often on kids who are riding too much horse and I worry about the kid getting hurt. if that horse goes to bucking that kid will be tossed around like a rag doll. Still very sad that this happened to such a young child. I couldn't fathom losing my daughter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I can't imagine and every time Riley makes a run my breath stops just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      You should sell that horse immediately.
      yesterday...

Comment

I can't imagine and every time Riley makes a run my breath stops just a little.
        I know the feeling and Sarah is only loping at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

prayers sent for the family.

I hurt every day of my life due to injuries sustained when I rode speed horses in my 20s and 30s. I enjoyed it at the time, but there are many days now that I wish I had never rode. They will hurt you bad and not even mean to.

Comment

Terrible deal. Prayers sent for the family who lost their little angel.

Comment

This is a picture of the little girl I got off a news story. These Velcro straps are so very dangerous and begging for horrible tragedies. If a child needs these to stay in the saddle they are not ready to compete or ride... bottomline.

[ATTACH]846757[/ATTACH]
              I cant figure out how this is considered okay or even allowed. Would someone strap a 10yo on a bike and send them down a hill? Would someone strap a 10yo on a four wheeler and send them off riding? Seems like strapping them in would create more problems than it fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                I cant figure out how this is considered okay or even allowed. Would someone strap a 10yo on a bike and send them down a hill? Would someone strap a 10yo on a four wheeler and send them off riding? Seems like strapping them in would create more problems than it fixes.
                Jeff I agree and I believe in some associations they aren't allowed. These things are heavy duty velcro, not the light weight stuff. The child has no escape in the event of a fall, flip or runaway. Unbelievable that parents knowingly or unknowingly use this kind of crap on their kids.

Comment

Horrible tragedy, prayers sent.

Comment

This is a picture of the little girl I got off a news story. These Velcro straps are so very dangerous and begging for horrible tragedies. If a child needs these to stay in the saddle they are not ready to compete or ride... bottomline.
                    I've ridden a little bit, but I have never seen these straps before. What are they? Do they literally hold you on? Seems like it wouldn't be a good idea, kind of like seat belts on a 4 wheeler or dirtbike, but I don't even know what to Google to read up on them.

Comment

I can't imagine . . . prayers for the family and prayers for the safety of all your little ones

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        I've ridden a little bit, but I have never seen these straps before. What are they? Do they literally hold you on? Seems like it wouldn't be a good idea, kind of like seat belts on a 4 wheeler or dirtbike, but I don't even know what to Google to read up on them.
                        They basically "stick" you to the saddle. Its a shortcut for not being able to ride or allow a kid to ride a horse way to advanced for their skill level. They are horrible ideas..

Comment

Jeff I agree and I believe in some associations they aren't allowed. These things are heavy duty velcro, not the light weight stuff. The child has no escape in the event of a fall, flip or runaway. Unbelievable that parents knowingly or unknowingly use this kind of crap on their kids.
                          This.
                          Lots of times the parents have never ridden and think these straps will help keep the child safe from falling off. Don't realize how dangerous they actually are in a fall.

Parents that use these straps on their children and have been around horses all their lives should find a new hobby.

I have similar feelings on rubber bands half the girls use to keep their boots in the stirups. Dangerous if you need to get off quickly.

Prayers for this family. Tragic accident.

Comment

Ive ridden some horses, nothing more than trail horses and one older rodeo horse. I couldn't imagine strapping myself in to any of them, much less one of my kids.

I would assume part of training, riding, especially competitive training comes with some sort of education on how to bail out if SHTF.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                              Ive ridden some horses, nothing more than trail horses and one older rodeo horse. I couldn't imagine strapping myself in to any of them, much less one of my kids.

I would assume part of training, riding, especially competitive training comes with some sort of education on how to bail out if SHTF.
                              My daughter has been taught how to bail off a horse if ever needed. Hopefully since she is only 8 and small for her age she will never have to bail off. Although it is inevitable at some point.

Comment

Sounds like the horse got spooked, stood up on it's hind legs, and went straight backwards onto the girl. Sounds like it would have ended horrible no matter if she was wearing straps or not. Very sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X