Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent.....

Comment

I don't mean to take away from this tragedy in any way and I am not sure if this was the case in this situation. I have noticed and I am sure a lot of you rodeo folks have too, that sometimes with these fast horses and little kids (girls) sometimes they strap their legs to the saddle. I understand the intent of this (fast horse, light weight kiddo = flying kiddo) but in the event of a crash it seems like a risky bet.

I am not real familiar with those leg bindings, but have seen several kids run with them on. They may be completely safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
        I don't mean to take away from this tragedy in any way and I am not sure if this was the case in this situation. I have noticed and I am sure a lot of you rodeo folks have too, that sometimes with these fast horses and little kids (girls) sometimes they strap their legs to the saddle. I understand the intent of this (fast horse, light weight kiddo = flying kiddo) but in the event of a crash it seems like a risky bet.

I am not real familiar with those leg bindings, but have seen several kids run with them on. They may be completely safe.
        I will not allow my daughter to use them due to if something happens she may not be able to kick out.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            I will not allow my daughter to use them due to if something happens she may not be able to kick out.
            My daughter ran at a very high level for several years and on some scary fast horses but I never put her on a horse that she couldn't bring to an immediate stop, if needed. During that time, I saw several young ladies that were strapped in on horses that these little ones obviously did not have full control of and I cringed every time I saw that. Not at all saying that had anything to do with the events that took this little girl's life, just venting, I guess.

Prayers up for the family and friends of this little angel.

Comment

Tragic! My prayers are with the parents and family of the child. May the Lords hand comfort their hearts.

Comment

Prayers up!

Bisch

Comment

Sad deal for sure. My daughter has been getting into barrel racing and honestly I have been trying to discourage it. I grew up with horses and was hurt enough to know I dont like em. Broke my leg at a rodeo in 4th grade along with being bucked off who knows how many times etc. She has an Arabian mare that is unpredictable as can be, and its scares me every time she rides. Just last week out of the blue turned and ran straight into the woods despite my daughters reining and scaped her all up, she started bucking as she neared the fence and she went flying. Hit the ground hard. The horse continued to kick and buck till she broke the flank cinch and eventually threw the saddle. I watched it all happen and it scared the crap out of me. After getting my daughter picked up and resting I worked the horse good for about an hour. I got her head right, for now

Comment

This is a picture of the little girl I got off a news story. These Velcro straps are so very dangerous and begging for horrible tragedies. If a child needs these to stay in the saddle they are not ready to compete or ride... bottomline.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2382.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	24489777

Comment

Prayers sent. Horses are awesome, and there are a lot of good ones, but even the good ones can hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        Sad deal for sure. My daughter has been getting into barrel racing and honestly I have been trying to discourage it. I grew up with horses and was hurt enough to know I dont like em. Broke my leg at a rodeo in 4th grade along with being bucked off who knows how many times etc. She has an Arabian mare that is unpredictable as can be, and its scares me every time she rides. Just last week out of the blue turned and ran straight into the woods despite my daughters reining and scaped her all up, she started bucking as she neared the fence and she went flying. Hit the ground hard. The horse continued to kick and buck till she broke the flank cinch and eventually threw the saddle. I watched it all happen and it scared the crap out of me. After getting my daughter picked up and resting I worked the horse good for about an hour. I got her head right, for now
                        You should sell that horse immediately.

Comment

This was a Horrible Accident I read about it in a Rodeo FB group up here in N-Tex...Rodeo is a rough sport..I had an acquaintance from HS that lost his daughter to an unfortunate accident when her horse slipped as she was practicing her Grand Entry routine and threw her into a pole when she was at Tarleton State a cpl yrs ago..Prayers for her entire family..

Comment

I had a horse spook due to an inexperienced rider deciding it would be funny to fly by me as we were standing still. The horse did the same thing, raring up and flipping over on top of me. Everyone including myself thought I was dead, but I was knocked out for a couple of seconds and other than being very sore and not being able to catch my breath, I was unhurt. Luckily I was a fairly large in high school or I do think it could have been much worse. I did get back on the old mare after a few minutes and had a very long talk with the inexperienced rider on the way back to the stables. That was one of my 9 lives, my family says I'm running on extra's already

Still sending prayers up for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              This is a picture of the little girl I got off a news story. These Velcro straps are so very dangerous and begging for horrible tragedies. If a child needs these to stay in the saddle they are not ready to compete or ride... bottomline.

[ATTACH]846757[/ATTACH]
                              I see those all too often on kids who are riding too much horse and I worry about the kid getting hurt. if that horse goes to bucking that kid will be tossed around like a rag doll. Still very sad that this happened to such a young child. I couldn't fathom losing my daughter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for the family. Tragic news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X