No announcement yet.

$100,000 Christmas bonus for everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pay and the wife's pay have both been going backwards since 2008. Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
      I got a $10 Christmas bonus once. After taxes is was $6.56. Went to Wendy's for a spicy chicken sandwich meal, had to pay for the biggie size upgrade out of pocket.
      This is funny considering your screen name!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Yeah there are always people finding a way to bash successful business owners no matter what they do. Ill bet all those laid off got generous severance packages. And what are you supposed to do in a prolonged downturn - keep everybody on the payroll even if there is no work for them to do?
        True

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Yeah there are always people finding a way to bash successful business owners no matter what they do. Ill bet all those laid off got generous severance packages. And what are you supposed to do in a prolonged downturn - keep everybody on the payroll even if there is no work for them to do?

I don't understand the envy some people seem to dwell on when news likes this pops up...I'm in the OG biz now & was surprised to receive the $100 Christmas gift at the Co party yesterday.

It's a smart run biz & been around a long time...they have a war chest to cover these sorts of down turns, but certainly wasn't expecting any sort of bonus when you aren't profitable. Still, there was grumbling by some & had to remind them to look around the area and be thankful we are not like other companies who are laying off / cutting hours, etc. I hate seeing envy eat up people & says a lot about their underlying character.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

These guys are actually one of my customers & will be taking over about 75 units mas/menos in the deep south tx region from Conoco starting in Jan 2016...the success of one affects many more & I'm glad to be a part of it in any fashion & happy for all those involved. Especially my employer.

Comment

As a retired person I think you guys (those supporting my Social Security check) should provide me with a bonus which I can use to waste on bowhunting crap I don't need, but desperately want!

Comment

I know somebody who got the bonus. My neighbor. I ask everyday if they need any help. ��

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                I work for a very large public traded company, we work free overtime and don't get any bonus...the stockholders on the other hand benefit from the 1 billion per quarter profit we make...my bonus is keeping my job. i'm glad to have it but the company clearly has communicated with its money where its priorities and value lie.
                So was a large yearly bonus a part of the compensation package you signed up for?

Comment

Originally posted by berto View Post
                  A friend of mine posted this this. Not sure how much is true but either way it's a awesome gesture from the boss

"What it doesn't say is that he could have saved the jobs of roughly 300 people who were laid off at the beginning of the year due to the economy and still given everyone a nice bonus. This also doesn't talk about the numerous discounts that Hilcorp is forcing on its service providers who are struggling to stay in business. Maybe he could have given them 5% back on their last invoice instead of sending emails to all of them yesterday asking for another price cut. Just food for thought. "
                  This is someone with very little knowledge of the oilfield or really how any business works for that matter.

Comment

I'd bet his cpa said he needed to "gift" some money so he did that for bonuses. I know of pro ball players that do similar stuff for their families and friends.

Comment

Working...
                    X