No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2018 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you guys experience an odd rut last year? Seemed like the snow played some trickery on our place in Duval Co.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhunter82 View Post
      Did you guys experience an odd rut last year? Seemed like the snow played some trickery on our place in Duval Co.

Seems we can’t ever hit it right.
      We’re in Duval also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
        Talked to our ranch owner today. 7" since the beginning of the month. 13" total this year.

Seemed like pre rut playing around with some chasing last year. Never really could get them nailed down.

I typically hunt opening weekend, thanksgiving,
        Mid December, and New Years.

Opening weekend bucks are still in groups. Thanksgiving they are separated more and the younger bucks are running does off corn but mid December the older bucks are usually chasing. This past year mid December I would see mature buck run a doe off corn and come back and hang out.

Last edited by Black Ice; 09-19-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Anyone been out to the lease with updates? Just did some much needed shredding last weekend. Saw two nilgai and a tall 8 point while I was out there. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	24555996 hopefully will get to hunt Sunday am.

Comment

Been down a couple times....we are just outside of Hebbronville. Green, green and green some more! Going to make hunting tough as everyone has said. We have 3500 acres and poured the protein to the deer. Haven't seen great results to be honest from last year to this year with our older mature bucks.

Comment

Bump

Comment

The cold weather over the last 10 days has the deer going nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post

Where do you hunt? Do you mean rutting activity or just movement in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                      Where do you hunt? Do you mean rutting activity or just movement in general?

How are things in your area? It has been really flooded towards my end of the lease, some spots are hard to get by even with 4wd! This past Sunday saw a bunch of deer everywhere nothing worth sticking but did end up getting a small boar about 75lbs. All my bucks on cams are small compared to last season kinda bummed about that but everyone keeps saying the same thing on the lease maybe all the rain has pushed some of the deer away

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
                        How are things in your area? It has been really flooded towards my end of the lease, some spots are hard to get by even with 4wd! This past Sunday saw a bunch of deer everywhere nothing worth sticking but did end up getting a small boar about 75lbs. All my bucks on cams are small compared to last season kinda bummed about that but everyone keeps saying the same thing on the lease maybe all the rain has pushed some of the deer away

All our big bucks disappeared after the rain, just getting doe and small bucks on camera. Even then it’s so green they don’t come to feeders like they used too. Need all this grass to freeze.

Comment

Anyone taking kids out for the youth weekend?

Comment

Deer are nice and fat in Duval County

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                              Deer are nice and fat in Duval County

Nice! I will be heading down Friday and can’t wait to relax at the camp. Didn’t really see anything that excited me on camera this summer so I’m not really chasing a target buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post

I thought about making a trip with my Brother last week but work kept me from going.

Comment

Working...
                                X