Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Have y'all had any luck in the pine woods
    In the woods calling is tougher. If you have pasture land scattered about it's easier to position yourself so as not to get busted. Coyotes are smart, cats are dumb, but you'll call way more yotes in ETex than you will cats.

Coyotes will almost always try to get downwind, so you need some open area on that side so you can get them before they smell you. I've been much more successful calling in pastures adjacent to good cover.

Comment

The one I was talking about is on camo Fire now. It’s 225

Comment

I've had a coyote pick up my Foxpro CS24 speaker! Had my decoy destroyed several times.

Comment

They work. I'm 100% sure. Have you ever been sitting there and had a coyote or multiple coyotes come running to you? Just go sit out in a field every weekend without making any noise and see if you notice the same thing happening.

Coyotes,bobcats and foxes eat rabbits. It ain't an accident that they run in when they hear one screaming. That's what I'd tell him.
          Last edited by okrattler; 02-17-2018, 06:03 AM.

Comment

I use a Primos Alpha Dogg. A buddy of mine has a Foxpro and every time we used it we’d have to change the batteries, and the batteries would be corroded. It may have just been a lemon. Love my Primos though. It’s cheaper than the Foxpro, the speakers can be adjusted, it has a stand and it all folds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FoxPro has awesome customer service. I had to send my CS24C back because the antenna broke. I called FoxPro before I sent it back and the conversation went like this:

FoxPro: What happened?
              Me: The antenna broke.
              FoxPro: How?
              Me: I dropped it...at a high rate of speed...overhand...as hard as I could.
              FoxPro: How far close was the coyote that you missed?
              Me: About 8 yards.
              FoxPro: Send it in. We will even fix stupid...once.

FoxPro's are good. I try to always use a decoy...especially if I am hunting with my bow.

You might also talk to Gary Roberson on here...he owns Burnham Brothers games calls and the T.V. show CARNIVORE. I've never used one, but I've always heard good things about them.

Comment

Fox pro works great if you have never had one on the place, but if you dont get the critters killed they wise up fast

Comment

Originally posted by bamtex View Post
                  I use a Primos Alpha Dogg. A buddy of mine has a Foxpro and every time we used it we’d have to change the batteries, and the batteries would be corroded. It may have just been a lemon. Love my Primos though. It’s cheaper than the Foxpro, the speakers can be adjusted, it has a stand and it all folds up.

This is a battery or MAYBE storage problem, the spring contacts did nothing to cause batteries to leak lol

Comment

Yeah because batteries corrode all by themselves lol [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Have y'all had any luck in the pine woods
                      Plenty. Electric and open reeds. Twice I've had bobcats at the base of ladder stands sniffing the rungs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

What sort of decoy do you guys use?

Comment

I need to get mine out again pretty soon. I've only used it a couple of times. I don't really have a very open area to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Man...about anything. When I was a kid, I had a white stuffed monkey that I would use...but I got tired of the Owls and Hawks grabbing him and me having to go find it.

You can just tie a feather to an arrow using fishing line and a swivel and it works.

I use a MOJO that does really well. You're just looking for something to take their attention off of you.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Mojo Critter
                              Warning:Owls and hawks can and WILL yank the fuzzy thing off the top and leave with it. Ask me how I know

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                                Yes calls work. Any brand will work, depends on the situation, sound, time of year etc

I would get a flextone flx 500 or a icotec. To start off with, unless you wanna spend the coin on a foxpro.. I got a icotec from midway a couple years ago for 40 bucks. They just had all their predator hunting gear on sale as well
                                Looks like Mid-way has them on sale right now

Comment

Working...
                                X