EZGO Golf Cart Stretch and Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZGO Golf Cart Stretch and Upgrade

I found a rough 2006 EZGO TXT on Craigslist a few months back, and I have finally gotten around to doing something with it. I forgot to take before pictures but I will be photo documenting everything from here on out. I completely disassembled it and got it ready to do the stretch first. I am Stretching it 36" and building another front facing seat so it will be a 6 seater with 4 forward facing and 2 rear facing in the back. I also ordered a 6" lift, wheels and tires, new D&D motor, new controller, new batteries, new 2gauge cables, lights, new dash, and a limo top. it should be a beast when it is done.
    Attached Files

I always wanted to try and stretch one....you have some serious skills. Looking forward to following along.

Brandon

Comment

Bit of tubular here, little weld there and there you have it.

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to finished pics.

Comment

Following

Comment

I've often thought of that. Just too close for me, not enough leg room. I ain't got them skills though !

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I've often thought of that. Just too close for me, not enough leg room. I ain't got them skills though !
                actually I will have more leg room than before. I will give front and rear seats an extra 3 inches of leg room each.

Comment

Originally posted by whitie View Post
                  I always wanted to try and stretch one....you have some serious skills. Looking forward to following along.

Brandon
                  I am a complete novice at metal fab so trust me when I say that if I can do it anyone can.

Comment

This will be neat! In for the build

Comment

definitely in for this.

Comment

It looks like you are going to have a lot of flex over that extra span.

I think you'll want to make those frame rails stronger/stiffer. Whatever size tubing that is (1X2 maybe), you need another piece welded to the bottom of it, running from as far forward as you can, to as far back as you can.

Very cool project!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I think you'll want to make those frame rails stronger/stiffer. Whatever size tubing that is (1X2 maybe), you need another piece welded to the bottom of it, running from as far forward as you can, to as far back as you can.

Very cool project!
                          agree

Comment

Dales right. It will flex, especially if the rear seats are in front of the rear axel. If they are over it or slightly behind it, your flex will be minimal, but I would definitely recommend to double up on the sides at least

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Very cool project!
                              I ran 2" angle on each side to stiffen it up plus the side rails are alot stiffer than factory. I weigh 330lbs and I stood on it and bounced on it and it never flexed a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X