No announcement yet.

Jail Time for Poacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do yall think about a guy that poaches animals for profit? What should happen to that guy?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Big deer has more value placed on it than Ethan Couch's victims
      Yep. Nothing like a district judge who just needs “x” amount of campaign contributions to get re-elected and “x” number of years to retirement to make some head scratching decisions.

If you hang around courthouses long enough, you will learn that any high profile sentence handed down by a District Judge is in the “best interest of the Judge” not the “best interest of society.”

Comment

About time we have some good values imposed on a wrong doer. “Times” have made everyone scared and soft. Good on the judge! My Dad’s era would have eliminated the bad guy without judgement. Times have changed, glad the judge is old school and got the job/punishment done.

Comment

Seems like the judge got it right in this case. Hard for us to judge the judge. Think he/she has all the evidence

Comment

Glad he got jail time and restitution needs to be paid. However , the sentence does not make sense to me. Poachers are gonna poach take his hunting privileges away for good. Even the. He will still probably poach.

Comment

Originally posted by Toothdoc77 View Post
              About time we have some good values imposed on a wrong doer. “Times” have made everyone scared and soft. Good on the judge! My Dad’s era would have eliminated the bad guy without judgement. Times have changed, glad the judge is old school and got the job/punishment done.
              Murder is a pretty severe punishment for poaching. That sounds like how my granddad would have handled it. Was your dad from Italy? My granddad was from Corleon, Italy. He came to America when he was little. He eventually started a small olive oil company called Genco, in New York with his closest friends Samuel Clemenza and Sal Tessio. Anyway, my Dad followed in his footsteps. Although he went to college, because of some unpleasantness with a police captain, he ended up in the family business and eventually was the head of all of our business interests when we made the move to Lake Tahoe. He kept his “brother” Tom Hagen on as a counselor of sorts. In the end he settled all family business just like you described your dad would have. Ask anyone who knew Moe Greene or Stratchi.

Comment

No, I’m just saying, a few years ago, the older generation knew right from wrong and held each other accountable. Not murder, you are way off track. Just keeping the order, looking after the common good and each other.

Comment

Hahahha! Holly billy got what he deserves

Comment

Good point! Along with times also values have changed! Too many people
                    these days think as long as they get away with it, no personal laws are broken.

Comment

30-40 yrs ago he would have been fined and license suspended for a year or two. It's assinide that a person gets a harsher punishment for shooting a deer today then shooting a human, or killing someone driving drunk. If it weren't for the fact that hunting is now big business he would have been fined. To say that back in my dads day they would have done this or that is crazy. Back in those days it was mearly a fine. In llano Cnty 25-30 yrs ago it was a fine of 2-3x cost of average lease fine. Didn't lose license or anything.
                      Last edited by BrandonA; 12-21-2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        What do yall think about a guy that poaches animals for profit? What should happen to that guy?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          30-40 yrs ago he would have been fined and license suspended for a year or two. It's assinide that a person gets a harsher punishment for shooting a deer today then shooting a human, or killing someone driving drunk. If it weren't for the fact that hunting is now big business he would have been fined. To say that back in my dads day they would have done this or that is crazy. Back in those days it was mearly a fine.

I’m saying things were much clearer in my Dads days. Good on the judge for taking care of business as they see fit. They have the evidence and heard the crime. Seems like a good old school decision according to my green screen info.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            30-40 yrs ago he would have been fined and license suspended for a year or two. It's assinide that a person gets a harsher punishment for shooting a deer today then shooting a human, or killing someone driving drunk. If it weren't for the fact that hunting is now big business he would have been fined. To say that back in my dads day they would have done this or that is crazy. Back in those days it was mearly a fine.
                            That’s what I was thinking.

My dad wouldn’t call the law on someone over a deer. My grandfather would laugh at the notion of doing so.

I’m all for them taking (chronic) poacher’s licenses and guns for good, but the massive fines and 5 years of weekend jail seem insane for shooting a DEER. You’d get in FAR less trouble for getting drunk and driving down the road (multiple times, in fact), which could kill PEOPLE.

Comment

I’m saying things were much clearer in my Dads days. Good on the judge for taking care of business as they see fit. They have the evidence and heard the crime. Seems like a good old school decision according to my green screen info.
                              How old is your dad?

Comment

Point made, merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                                X