No announcement yet.

academy gun pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the need for an emergency bow press... So they had the pleasure of touching my bow the week before season a few years ago. They told me they couldn't touch it because there wasnt a stop on both cams. I had to Google a photo for those idiot to listen. Idiots is an extreme understatement to say the least. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cj_sandman View Post
      That is most certainly true.

One of them gave me a price match on an online deal that I found on Slickguns. He didn’t even bother to notice the sale/deal was expired.

$375 for an XDS45. That was a good day.
      They price match buds. Buda usually has amazing ammo prices. It’s saved me a chunk for sure

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        I look at it this way, when I go to academy, I know what to expect. I am on my own to find what I need, and I will not get any meaningful help with anything that I don't already understand. I go there because the price is generally the best in town, and the price that I pay for that is customer service and staff expertise.
        Ding ding ding

We have a winner

Never ask for their advice or let them do anything to your gun or fill your reel

Comment

its a shame what Academy has become. I worked there throughout high school 96-00 and started at the store on Mason rd in Katy that was connected to the corporate office and warehouse. Back then we would have trainings on products at least once a month and it helped a lot. I came back after my freshman year of college after they built the big new store off grandparkway and everything had changed. New managers, no trainings, nothing. I corrected my new "manager" ( respectfully) for telling a customer some wrong info and the next day they had me come in at 5:00 to stock the shelves and work the early shift. After the stocking was done and right as the store opened they called me in and fired me. lol
          Last edited by krausejmk; 07-05-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I can count on Lobster Boy's hand the amount of knowledgeable associates I've seen at gun counters anywhere... ugh :-(

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
              Academy doesn't hire pros...
              Exactly! just buy stuff, don't ask them anything. So inept.

Comment

This isn't exacting earth shattering news. There are alot of places now days that the hired help has no idea of what they are selling.

Have you ever went into an auto parts store and ask for a headlight for a 2014 Camary? The person behind the counter is just baffled when asked for one

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                  This isn't exacting earth shattering news. There are alot of places now days that the hired help has no idea of what they are selling.

Have you ever went into an auto parts store and ask for a headlight for a 2014 Camary? The person behind the counter is just baffled when asked for one
                  Ha! Great example. I used to work at AutoZone about 15 years ago as a part-time job to make some extra "fishing and hunting money". I had to take a test to work there. I'm no pro, but I'm no slouch either. I sweated "the test". It was a joke. After getting hired, the stuff I heard come out of other people's mouth's made me laugh constantly.

My favorite was when a guy came in and asked if we sold "alternator brushes". The girl working with me, in her best "valley girl" voice, tilted her head to one side and replied, "You mean... like... to clean them with?" The guy just stood there for a few seconds, and then turned to walk out the store. We were laughing so hard, we barely caught him before he made it to his truck.

All the best,
                  Glenn

Comment

Better options out there than Academy. Just have to put your money where your mouth is. Most won’t.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      Me either, I walk by and maybe glance at something in the case and when I hear “Sir, can I help you with something” I get a little light headed and have to leave the store.
                      Oh I never pass up a chance to ask to handle something in the case!
                      I don't ask questions, just like an opportunity to handle something I've considered buying.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                        i wouldnt even let them fill a reel!
                        Been down this road... Figured it would be easier for them to fill the reel there than me do it in the truck or in the boat.... Boy was I mistaken! Anyone going to those guys for "Advise" is lost as a goose. Every one I've ever dealt with were self appointed experts. They also all have quiet the arsenal for a 19 year old college student. I went in there just to hold a few 9MMs to see which one I liked the feel of the best, and the ole boy behind the counter had just about every gun in there. He told me he didn't even want to get started on his rifle collection because we'd be there all day! I excused myself prematurely and went to a gun shop.

Comment

Working...
                        X