No announcement yet.

Private Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s been fun so far, I had some helicopter time and I got lucky and the SO had two spots open and an instructor on staff. So I get my training at work and I get to fly a lot of call outs. No fix wing time for me all helicopter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
      I will be around and working at Houston ARTCC the whole month of July. Send me a text or give me a call and we can set up a good time for a tour. You must be a US citizen and have a valid ID. Mark Johnson 832-260-1326

Pic is a shameless brag, and a perk of the job.
      Too heck with the tour! How bout a ride!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Since some of you are showing off your rides thought I would post mine. No afterburner and the wing is fixed but still good transport. Having been on all sides of aviation I like this spot the best.
        Attached Files

Comment

That’s an awesome machine Rusty [emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
            I use Fly With Robert out of Fort Worth Spinks Airport. He has a pretty good crew of instructors that I have learned a lot from. The airport is located off 1187 and 35 just North of Burleson.

They are reasonably priced as well from the research that I did.
            Robert is a good guy, shame his other cessna went away. I know that plane all too well.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
              An old coworker of mine got his start from SOSU and is a private pilot now. I have heard nothing but great things about their aviation program.

Got my PP license at SOSU when I was in school there. Great program with excellent instructors. Got my high performance sign off but didn’t get my instrument rating.

It’s worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                Since some of you are showing off your rides thought I would post mine. No afterburner and the wing is fixed but still good transport. Having been on all sides of aviation I like this spot the best.

Sweet MU-2 we have one! Bad *** plane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                  That is a FINE tricked out Baron. What is the screen in the middle of the windscreen? Surely you don't have sun vis?? Do you?

Sorry Rusty, I just saw your question. That’s a hotplate for FIKI.

Comment

My ride

Comment

Sweet Toga!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        The only difficulty is financial ( in becoming an airline or company pilot)
                        Get that instrument as soon as you can
                        I agree. I'm a 500hr pilot, tail dragger and high performance, working on IFR. All it takes is time and money. You can look at one of the flight programs at a college like Midland or TSTC and get some financing through education.

There are only two kinds of people in this world, those who have flown and those who have not.

Be safe and dont take chances. Lost two people I know since April. One showboating and another a mechanical failure. Flying is dangerous, but the risk is not any greater than driving down the highway.

Comment

My brother in law is a private pilot (been doing to for 20 plus years out of the San Antonio area). He has the clearance to fly the Bush family, and has flown some stupid rich folks from our area, like the time he flew a client to Austin from SA for a meeting cause he didn't want to bother with driving. He started his own company cause he got tired of leaving is family to fly someone else's family to their vacation. The last straw for him was when he was asked to fly out Christmas Day and be gone through New Years with two young ones at home. He said no.

Comment

I think everybody has touched on pretty much everything I would say. The biggest thing to me is stick with it and fly as much as you can on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                              I will be around and working at Houston ARTCC the whole month of July. Send me a text or give me a call and we can set up a good time for a tour. You must be a US citizen and have a valid ID. Mark Johnson 832-260-1326

Pic is a shameless brag, and a perk of the job.
                              Cool pic, you back @ work ???

Comment

Originally posted by Yakfishin View Post
                                What's your age? Is being a pilot really what you want to do? The pay sucks for many years so get use to being less than a fast food worker. I have a bunch of old study materials I will give you if you promise to pass it on to the next person. I am on the private side and I would never go to the airlines.

Not anymore it doesn’t. Huge pilot shortage in the regionals.... many are giving large sign on bonuses and skipping a few years of the pay scale.
                                Right now, with how quickly the market is grabbing up pilots and how much attrition the major airlines have coming in the next 10 or so years, it is a GREAT education to get. ROI on zero flight time to commercial ratings is much better than a 4 year degree, especially since a couple programs qualify for government student loan programs. The captains at my airline can make over $300K if they want to, so I wouldn’t discount the airlines....
                                If I didn’t already have blood pressure and cholesterol issues (and I wasn’t already mid 30’s) I would have gone that route last year. I had already talked several times with a flight school. The only problem is it would have put me in the regionals, with little schedule flexibility, while my stepson was still in the house.

In my opinion, and the majority of my airline’s pilot’s opinions, it is the best education money you can spend right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X