Looking for mounted Bobcat Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosterpt1 View Post

Josh..... Great work! Looks like that one sitting there is still breathing.

Comment

My wife said she wants it in the living room which shocked the crap out of me. She said it would be to help motivate me to bring home some deer to hang on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
        My wife said she wants it in the living room which shocked the crap out of me. She said it would be to help motivate me to bring home some deer to hang on the wall.
        Burn!!!!!

Comment

Chilling
          Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 01-28-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Rooster's work is what you need to look for!

Nice job!!!!

predatorsniper

Comment

Tim Azlin
              Clute TX

Comment

Tbar

Comment

thanks everybody bobcats are tough critter to mount...I can mount 5 whitetails in the time it takes to do a good bobcat.
                  bobcats start at $950 for lifesize

Comment

Cool mounts

Comment

Originally posted by predatorsniper View Post
                      I've seen bobcat mounts for for as little as $300 up to over $1,000. I've never seen a cheap bobcat mount that looked good, though.

Do your homework on who does good cat mounts. Contact various taxidermists and ask for pictures of some of the bobcats they've mounted. Then compare those pics to pics of live bobcat pics. In my opinion most taxidermists can't mount a bobcat and not make it look bad, but there are some that do good work. I'd ship a whole frozen cat to a really good (and higher priced) taxidermist vs. go the convenient and cheap route and send it to someone who is nearby and is terrible. You're only going to have the thing the rest of your life, so you don't want it to look bug-eyed, with over-painted lips, nose and eye lids and ears that angle out like some sort of Gremlin.

BTW...CONGRATS on the nice cat!!!!!;

predatorsniper
                      WOW! Somebody finally get's it. Taxidermists either "get" cats or they don't, there is not much in the middle. That's why a cat mount is really good or, errr.............. ,well you have seen em'.

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
                      I am worried the good ole rage did too much damage to him. It got him just to the right of the spine and out through the arm pit.

Thanks fella's he is a trophy to me.
                      Don't worry about the exit it always looks worse than it is, unless it was shot with an elk rifle. I have only had a couple that would not sew satisfactorily.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by oneforthewall; 01-16-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

nice mounts guys

Comment

thanks for the ideas I am takin him monday to fins, fur, and feathers in Milford, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterpt1 View Post
                            thanks everybody bobcats are tough critter to mount...I can mount 5 whitetails in the time it takes to do a good bobcat.
                            bobcats start at $950 for lifesize
                            $950? For just a basic stand up like in your pic (1)?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                              $950? For just a basic stand up like in your pic (1)?
                              Yes.........I'm not even close to a high end priced bobcat. When you pay for a $400 cat you get .........well.......a skin with some foam under it

Comment

rooster PM Sent.

So far 525 to 900 has been the goin rate around here locally.

Comment

Working...
                                X