No announcement yet.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-pac has been my friend when it gets unberable as of late. A day and a half and I can breathe.

I have tried all the meds to keep it at bay but when it comes theres no quick fix.

All of the behind the counter Claritin and the likes just make me sweat for hours and hardly clear up my sinuses.

I overmedicate with margaritas when I haven't been able to sleep for a day or two.

Comment

As the doctor would call it a "saline ******"! Since I have trouble with that terminology, salt water up the nose.

Since having a kid I have discovered a couple on neat contraptions, one of which is the Little Ones nose mister/sprayer thingys. It has a long spout on it (helps to get the spray where it is going) and it has a heavier mist and a continuos flow. Bought on for myself.

Otherwise, some of the over the counter medications. Read the ingredients, some of these are the same thing. Vicks Vapor Rub, on the feet, as well as the usual places. Mucinex and Nyquil.

Plenty of vitamins and other natural supplements. My wife has a cabinet full of bottles. I know Zinc, Echinacea and Vitamin C are some of the ones she tells me to take.

Lots of Water and OJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistula View Post
        Z-pac has been my friend when it gets unberable as of late. A day and a half and I can breathe.
        How often do you take those?

Comment

Snort warm salt water up your nose. Nothing breaks up sinus congestion faster! You better be tough though! I learned this from my old boxing coach years ago. It works better than any medicine Ive ever tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
            How often do you take those?

First time I ever took it was in October. 5 pills. Bad sinus infection. Doc prescribed it and a nasal spray. Last time was in mid Janurary.

Comment

My doctors endorse the Neilmeds. . . I use the squeeze bottle though. One dr. told me to use it 4 times a day. . . It helps tremendously. . .

Comment

Ha! I thought this was going to be a Dave Ramsey thread.

Sorry, I got no advise for your sinus issues except Vitamin C.

Comment

2 alegra per day 4 sprays astlin and nasonex per day on third set of antibotics for infections been thru 2 surgeries for sinus in past .....alll doctors say my smoking made it worse but been off cig. since sept 10 and things have been worse this year than any other in the past years.....I have take shots in past and they didn.t help me any.....So next oxygen bottle and mask to wear all the time ......Andy.........wonder if I can get it in camo

Comment

My sinuses got bad enough last spring I went to see the doc. He gave me a steroid shot and some scrips. I didn't take the scrips but the steroids cleared up my sinuses in less than a day. He said I didn't want to get dependent on the steroids (first time I had gotten the shot) but they sure cleared it up fast. I don't like going to the doc and I don't like shots but in that case it was worth it. I was miserable for over a week before I went.

Comment

your not going to believe it but radishes help clear the sinus up. I eat about four a day, give it a try you will see.

Comment

I started this year with really bad sinus issues. The sinus problems kicked in just about the same time Cedar flared up - coincidence? I was absolutely miserable and positive that I had developed another sinus infection. I went to the doctor and she said she didn't want to put me on antibotics this time. She put me on Flownase (Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray) after a couple days on it I cleared up. Now if I go a few days with out it, I start getting the sinus issues again. I also use Neil Med sinus rinse. I recommend everyone use the Neil Med, even if you don't have sinus issues. I hope this helps.

Comment

I've been fighting it for two weeks now unsuccesfully.

I am almost never sick, this is the longest stretch I can remember. It won't get worse and it won't get better.

The biggest problem is feeling weak and having no energy. I haven't missed a day of work yet, 7am until 6pm 5 or 6 days a week so I am moving all day but I feel like I could lay down and sleep anytime.

Slept 3 hours yesterday afternoon and felt better for a while, but still tired and weak this morning.

Comment

try a neti pot. Walgreens has em under 20 bucks. if you use it, it'll heal ya brother!!! I used to get sinus infections so bad I'd get virtigo. been usin the neti pot for a couple of yrs now and no colds or sinus.

Comment

Take one of everything everyone is suggesting with 2 shots of Jack...all will be good!!!

Comment

I finally got on the musinex yesterday, it seems to be working

Comment

Working...
                                X