X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man that is some cool blinds. Good mods.

Comment

I have that exact same stand in both a double and a single. I'm wondering if putting black plastic over it first then camo to keep the rain somewhat off of you will make it too hot.

Comment

Apparently I didn't scroll through all the pics and you had same idea.

Comment

Looks like they redesigned the seat backs. It used to attach and pivot in the middle.....didn't give enough room for ones rump on the seat. Looks a lot better now, I took the seat completely off and just put Woodsey To seats up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
              We finished up our rendition this today. Like some of you suggested, we first wrapped the cattle panel sides and roof with black plastic.

The thickest plastic we could find was only 3mm so we added a brown tarp over the roof. We then wrapped the whole thing with poly-ethylene camo we found at Academy.

I added a door on the back side that is hung from a piece of 1-inch PVC pipe and that is attached to the padded rail with a couple of hose clamps.

I am glad I had my son and his buddy along when it came to time to insert the legs and lift the stand. Its not too heavy, but its awkward.

I have to say that I am very happy with the quality of this Game Winner blind. The directions were clear, and every part, nut, and bolt was labeled correctly. And everything fit together as it should.

In the last photo my son and his buddy are sitting in the blind...and they're fairly well concealed in the darkness.

Thanks again to Leddy for the idea and I apologize for hijacking your thread.
              Nice!!!

Comment

We finished up our rendition this today. Like some of you suggested, we first wrapped the cattle panel sides and roof with black plastic.

The thickest plastic we could find was only 3mm so we added a brown tarp over the roof. We then wrapped the whole thing with poly-ethylene camo we found at Academy.

I added a door on the back side that is hung from a piece of 1-inch PVC pipe and that is attached to the padded rail with a couple of hose clamps.

I am glad I had my son and his buddy along when it came to time to insert the legs and lift the stand. Its not too heavy, but its awkward.

I have to say that I am very happy with the quality of this Game Winner blind. The directions were clear, and every part, nut, and bolt was labeled correctly. And everything fit together as it should.

In the last photo my son and his buddy are sitting in the blind...and they're fairly well concealed in the darkness.

Thanks again to Leddy for the idea and I apologize for hijacking your thread.
                Very nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leddy View Post
                  I had been kicking around this idea for a good bit about modifying an Academy Quad Pod.

I started with their Quad Pod

Added a full 16' cattle panel. Zip tied tied it to the frame.

Added small painted half circle piece of plywood to the back of the top.

Wrapped it with 2 layers of camo wrap and up she went.

I thought it turned out real nice for less than $350.

Not sure what type of Zip Ties you used but if the heavy plastic ones, I would recommend going back and reinforce with some of the metal Zip Ties, or maybe even some good bailing wire. Those plastic Zip Ties will weather rot over time and start breaking, even though they are covered.

Comment

Very cool idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks really good.

Comment

That looks real good. Is there enough room to stand and take a shot with a bow. It's hard to tell from the pics if you would be able to shoot a bow sitting with the rail.

Comment

Yep, I believe that will work!

I wonder if I could shoot my longbow out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                            That looks real good. Is there enough room to stand and take a shot with a bow. It's hard to tell from the pics if you would be able to shoot a bow sitting with the rail.
                            I am 6'2" and in the middle my head does not touch.

Comment

Do you have to stand to shoot or can you shoot sitting?

Comment

For years and years, we used old residential carpet that we would pulled out of dumpsters. I imagine outdoor carpet would work well.

I assume you would only use the outdoor carpet without the black plastic. Out of curiosity, are there any issues with using black plastic?

My plan for finishing up the Quad Pod was to first wrap in plastic and then cover with the camo netting.
                                Well, I guess I never saw this thread again ! The plastic is noisy if you hit it and it's hot when temps are up, other than that, no issues.

I went a different direction with my blinds. I use a top that's made commercially and ran my catlle panel horizontally. I turned it in a circle to fit the top and that left a nice doorway. I fabbed up a door frame with angle and strap and made the door with another piece of panel. Cut out three windows and covered them in camo netting. Works well !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X