Texans 1st Round Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    Mahomes is far from a 1st round prospect. He is just another TT qb product. Which is not a bad thing. Just not a NFL type past. Better get Robinson! That dude will be an All Pro for several years if he can stay healthy.
    JMO here.
    Go Cowboys lol! I'm moving to Victoria in June. Will this make me have to watch the Texans and be a fan ?
    How much have you watched Mahomes play?

Comment

I bet they take a DE!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        If Smith is involved.. it wont matter who it is ...or what it is... it will be a wasted effort
        Agreed... he might trade all our picks to move up and take a kicker in the first round. Terrible GM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          If Smith is involved.. it wont matter who it is ...or what it is... it will be a wasted effort
          Yep! Should've been gone with Kubiak. Unbelievable he's still employed. Dirt on McNair?! No, seriously. No other reasoning there.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
            with the #26 pick the Houston Texans select tyrone swoopes university of texas!!!!!!
            this made me laugh

Comment

Mahomes is far from a 1st round prospect. He is just another TT qb product. Which is not a bad thing. Just not a NFL type past. Better get Robinson! That dude will be an All Pro for several years if he can stay healthy.
              JMO here.
              Go Cowboys lol! I'm moving to Victoria in June. Will this make me have to watch the Texans and be a fan ?
              lol I live in Victoria! Plenty cowgirl fans around these parts!

Comment

I lost hope for the Texans pretty sure they are too stupid for their own good lol but I believe they need to go for a top tier OL and see how savage plays out this year.

Comment

Mahomes is far from a 1st round prospect. He is just another TT qb product. Which is not a bad thing. Just not a NFL type past.
                  Have to disagree here. I have watched a lot of TT football over the years and Mahomes is far from those TT QBs of the past. He isnt a year one starter but I think he is going to do good things in the NFL. The Texans need to shore up the OL and roll with Savage this year. IMO.

What really has me confused about the Oswieller trade was they gave up a second round pick to do it. Yet they havent done anything with the freed up cap dollars. If they arent going to use those dollars, they should have just cut him and kept the second round pick. Maybe those dollars are earmarked for a new contract for Hopkins, idk.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                    You can get a 1st round QB for 4 years and option him for less money than what Osweiler got from just his guarantee.
                    If that QB don't work out draft one until they do.
                    Because that has worked out well for the Browns the last however many years that they have been drafting QB's.

O Line all the way. Build that up and Savage should be enough to win some games. With the Texans D and the firepower they have on offense, we just need a QB that can hit open receivers and not make stupid plays. the rest can work itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      Have to disagree here. I have watched a lot of TT football over the years and Mahomes is far from those TT QBs of the past. He isnt a year one starter but I think he is going to do good things in the NFL. The Texans need to shore up the OL and roll with Savage this year. IMO.

What really has me confused about the Oswieller trade was they gave up a second round pick to do it. Yet they havent done anything with the freed up cap dollars. If they arent going to use those dollars, they should have just cut him and kept the second round pick. Maybe those dollars are earmarked for a new contract for Hopkins, idk.

I think they were hoping for some type of deal for Romo but nothing ever panned out how we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OL.
                        I don't care who the QB is. Without a decent OL he will get murdered.

Dak fell into a nice situation with a good OL.
                        Put him in Houston and it would not have been the same.

Not a glamorous pick. But, go best OL.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

If i'm not mistaken, wasn't the second round pick that was dealt with Osweiler for the 2018 draft not this years?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                            If i'm not mistaken, wasn't the second round pick that was dealt with Osweiler for the 2018 draft not this years?

Correct 2nd round 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Build O line and use some picks to trade Bill O'Brien seriously can't stand the guy. I don't think hes really up to snuff coaching offensively with the team we have. I've said it a couple times, watched great drives ruined by a bad call by O'Brien with a "cutesy-gotcha" play that requires everything to go just rght or the plays blown up.

For real though, O-line. Lamar Miller was able to show hes a great RB when he gets some blocks. Just like most QBs will do okay when theyre not being sacked.

I just don't want to see any more Brown's QBs. One of the incentives ti move from Ohio was watching the Texans who SHOULD be better. So far i just see rotation of guys from Cleveland to here.

Comment

I am a died in the wool Aggie, but Mahomes is heads and shoulders above any QB to come out of TT. His arm strength is amazing and his athletic ability will help him tremendously. This kid is an great athlete.

Comment

Working...
                                X