No announcement yet.

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe ya'll can answer a question for me. I was reading that Prince Fielder had to be kept on the 40 man roster until Feb 14th and then they could move him to 60 day disabled list. Since he retired, why are they forced to keep him on the roster? Seems as though they would want to free up that space. Is it for hopes that if he comes back they would have a place for him? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
      Maybe ya'll can answer a question for me. I was reading that Prince Fielder had to be kept on the 40 man roster until Feb 14th and then they could move him to 60 day disabled list. Since he retired, why are they forced to keep him on the roster? Seems as though they would want to free up that space. Is it for hopes that if he comes back they would have a place for him? Just curious.

Since his contract is guaranteed, to get paid he has to stay on the disabled list. He cannot retire or he forfeits the money. Insurance picks up most of it thankfully but he has to be in the league and not retired to collect. Sucks but it is what it is.

Comment

Ready for Spring Training to begin again. Anxious to see how the pitching staff shakes out, outfield rotation, etc. Hoping for a fun ride again.

Comment

No Dutch
          No Ian
          no Prince
          No Mitch
          No Beltran
          No Diekman for half a year minimum

Gonna be interesting

Comment

is this Nap's 3rd or 4th time with the rangers? back and forth, back and forth,

lets go rangers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              No Dutch
              No Ian
              no Prince
              No Mitch
              No Beltran
              No Diekman for half a year minimum

Gonna be interesting
              No Dutch - Addition by subtraction
              No Prince - Hopefully the club will have better production from someone not hurt, and get more bang for the buck.
              No Mitch - Will hurt for whatever six week period he gets hot during the season.
              No Beltran - We'll see
              No Diekman - We'll see

Gonna be interesting. Fully agree.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
                is this Nap's 3rd or 4th time with the rangers? back and forth, back and forth,

lets go rangers!!
                3rd I believe.

Comment

Yall need to google Texas Rangers Roster. There is a pic, name, and pos for each player immediately at the top of the page. The pic they have for Delino is just wrong, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                    No Dutch - Addition by subtraction
                    No Prince - Hopefully the club will have better production from someone not hurt, and get more bang for the buck.
                    No Mitch - Will hurt for whatever six week period he gets hot during the season.
                    No Beltran - We'll see
                    No Diekman - We'll see

Gonna be interesting. Fully agree.
                    I think Nap will do a great job replacing Mitch's highly inconsistent bat.....gonna be hard to replace Mitch's glove though. Hopefully Nap can be "good enough" since he's had much more playing time there since he left us the first time.

If Choo is a DH and can stay healthy because of it, I think that's a push with a 40yo Beltran with a $16 million dollar savings..

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      Yall need to google Texas Rangers Roster. There is a pic, name, and pos for each player immediately at the top of the page. The pic they have for Delino is just wrong, lol.
                      I laughed on accident.

Also, Yu's picture is odd.

Comment

Since his contract is guaranteed, to get paid he has to stay on the disabled list. He cannot retire or he forfeits the money. Insurance picks up most of it thankfully but he has to be in the league and not retired to collect. Sucks but it is what it is.
                        So basically it was just a polite way of saying I'm not playing anymore but ya'll are still going to pay me...lol

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                          I laughed on accident.

Also, Yu's picture is odd.
                          Did they accidentally post one for Yu wearing a Dodgers uniform?

Comment

So basically it was just a polite way of saying I'm not playing anymore but ya'll are still going to pay me...lol

LOL...Yup...He's still owed $96 million so I don't blame him.....especially with insurance covering a large amount of it. That's generational money he'd be leaving on the table for his kids and grand kids.

Comment

LOL...Yup...He's still owed $96 million so I don't blame him.....especially with insurance covering a large amount of it. That's generational money he'd be leaving on the table for his kids and grand kids.
                              It's not his decision.

He has to remain on the 40 man in order for the insurance to pay out. If he retires the Rangers pay it all.
                              Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-07-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                It's not his decision.

He has to remain on the 40 man in order for the insurance to pay out. If he retires the Rangers pay it all.
                                I guess these guys are wrong..

Prince Fielder's day as a player appear to be over. Now the question is, what happens with his remaining $96 million in salary? Here's how the Texas Rangers, Detroit Tigers, and an insurance policy will all come into play.

What fans have wondered is, what happens to Fielder’s salary? He is owed $24 million per year through 2020, or a total of $96 million.
                                There are two routes that can occur in a situation like this. If Fielder were to retire, he would forfeit all of the salary remaining on his contract.

But, according to multiple sources, Fielder will not be retiring. Instead, he will go on the 60-day disabled list. And, he can continue to stay on the 60-day DL, perhaps for the entire length of his contract depending on what his doctors declare his state of health to be.
                                If he stays on the DL, he will continue to collect his guaranteed salary. But how that money is covered is a bit complex.

or

The Texas Rangers and Fielder will hold a news conference Wednesday, making it official. Fielder will not retire, per se, because doing so would forfeit the money he’s still owed on the mammoth nine-year, $214-million contract he signed with the Tigers prior to the 2012 season.
                                Instead, Fielder will reveal doctors won’t give him the clearance to play again. A second neck surgery has further limited his flexibility and range of motion.
                                Last edited by Smart; 02-07-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X