No announcement yet.

Anyone made a snake box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local wool ware house and buy a wool sack. They work great!

Comment

Bboswell has one I believe. Maybe he has pics

Comment

double post. Internet slow at my house.

Comment

Anyone made a snake box?

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Bboswell has one I believe. Maybe he has pics
          I have 2 and will try to get pics tomorrow.

Wal1809 has the same boxes so maybe he has pics.

Comment

4x4 sheet of plywood cut in half.
            2x6 lumber
            Two hinges
            Rope handles

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
              2x6 lumber
              Two hinges
              Rope handles

Pretty much this but mine has a lot of holes drilled in the top for air. Every latch has a second latch so that nothing opens accidentally.

Comment

What is the purpose? To sell them? Not worth it to me unless they swallowed rolls of $100 bills.

Comment

I got a snake hoe, no need for a snake box.

Comment

A buddy of mine has one he made a frame for kind of like a screen door and wrapped it in chicken wire for the flip lid. The only problem I can see with that is if it slid around in the back of the truck and busted the wire then you'd have some get out. He's never had any problems with that happening but it could.

I still like my totes or the ice chest since it's easier to move with one guy. Depending on how many you're gonna put in there and how big the box is those boxes are hard to move around by yourself. In the field a bucket is easier to get a few in and dump them in the box after you get some piled up in the bucket. But a wooden snake box doesn't necessarily have to be huge either for larger individual snakes if you have trouble getting them in the bucket.

Just make your frame and nail the pieces of plywood on except the one your hinges are on since it'll flip open. Put you a latch on the end that flips open so you can lock it then drill some holes in the box so they can breathe and two in both ends to run pieces of rope through for a handle. That's pretty much it.

Oh and if you decide to use a bucket get a screw on lid. That way your hand is always behind the lid when you go to put it on. That's what I have on mine. It's a lot better than picking them up and dropping them in a pillow case. I know a guy that used to do that a lot........lol
                    Last edited by okrattler; 10-18-2017, 11:56 PM.

Comment

I had a big holding cage that was 2'x2'x4' I think, Plywood bottom and top with 2"x4" frame and wire like the one in the earlier post. I would use 5 gallon buckets with holes in them and a wire loop for a handle on the lid so I could pick the lid up and put on with the catcher. When I got home I would put them in the holding cage to keep until I could sell them.

Comment

I'm out

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          2x6 lumber
                          Two hinges
                          Rope handles
                          Does it help to use all pine? I know it will ignite pretty easy, without gas or anything.

Comment

Make sure you use screws instead of nails... had the bottom fall out of one box before. We Looked like a covey of quail scattering.

Comment

Just shoot em and u won't have to worry bout what kind box or bucket to put em in

Comment

My snake box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15WCHUXPRT12G75PKAMO_is.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	24514852

Comment

Working...
                                X