No announcement yet.

Boudain stuffed backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skeeter, my roommate and i (aghnter10) made this the other night with pork loin
    man talk about delicious!! good recipe. we got some pics will post soon.

Comment

I'll be cooking some at the Gander Mountain wild game cookoff this weekend.

Comment

I made this today and it was awsome!! I will try to post some pics but don't know if it will work. I'm kind of a rookie at this. Here it goes

Click image for larger version

Name:	005-40%.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	23827556

Click image for larger version

Name:	010-40%.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	23827557

This was a great recipe and I will be doing it again. I'm always looking for differant ways to cook backstrap and this is a keeper for sure. Thanks Skeeter!!

Comment

Cooked some this past weekend using pork loin and I must tell you, the end results were simply amazing!

We marinated the two butterflied pork loins (butterflied and flattened between saran wrap with a rolling pin) in a mixture of:

1. Brown Mustard
          2. Jack Daniels BBQ sauce
          3. Beer

I made one with the pepper jack cheese and the other with velveta slices (for the girls who couldn't handle the spicy stuff). Bacon wrapped both and cooked them for an hour and a half at 325 and they were ready...didn't have everyone there though, so cut the temp down to 200 for a total cooking time of 3 hours and they turned out awesome!!!

We also cooked it in a foil pan and basted it every 30-45 minutes with the marinade....in my opinion, that is what put the dish over the top!!!

Thanks for the recipe...one of my new favorites!

Comment

Just tried your recipe last night using an axis strap. With 3 daughters and the wife, I cut back a little bit on the pepperjack cheese and mixed in a little velveeta. They also like it sweeter, so I added just a little brown sugar to the inside and drizzled a little bit of honey over the top.
            WOW
            I think my wife now has a new 'favorite' food.
            Thanks

Comment

The first one I tried was with axis strap. At my wifes request, we did a pork loin this weekend. Once again WOW. You need to try the milder approach with the brown sugar and honey..... I cooked 2 of them on Sunday. Ate 1 that night. I'll be danged if the 2nd one doesn't taste even better the next night even after heating it up in the microwave. Guess after letting all the flavors meld together it just made it better.
              PS added minced onion and grated garlic this time WWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

Comment

Good Stuff !!

I cooked one on fathers day and it was awsome. Next time I wont cook it quit as long and I will add more cheese to it. My wife loved it.. Here are some pics..

Comment

Me and my boyfriend are doing this tonight! We are taking to the ranch we are hunting at for dinner tomarrow! We did it once and it was great!!!!

Comment

That was great, it will be added into my fav's.

Comment

This recipe could make a vegan eat meat! I tried this with a few extras and it was delicious. Try rubbing the meat down with a spicy brown mustard/dark brown sugar mixture...MMM MMM GOOD! I also tried it using chorizo/spanish rice mixed together. Chorizo de san manuel has the least grease and by far the best flavor. Give that south of the border version a shot,you won't be disappointed.

Comment

ya babby make a fat man sing that is one now one of my favorates thanks

Comment

Shot a doe and a hog last week. Gonna try stuffing the pork w/ honey nut cream cheese and pineapple chunks. The venison is getting regular cream cheese and jalapenos. I'll keep yall posted on the results.

Comment

Tried the Boudain stuffed backstrap this weekend. Great!!! Only thing I was dissappointed in was the pepperjack cheese pretty much disappeared. Otherwise it was great. I also stuffed one with charizo. Good as well.

Comment

I think it is about time to make this again. When I made mine I used Jalapeno pepper jack cheese. It add a little more spice to it. Has anyone tried it with a hog strap?

Comment

Yes, I have. Pretty darn tasty. I've also done it w/ store bought pork loins.

Comment

Working...
                                X